Watford v Rangers (Bounce Match)

Can't read too much in to friendlies, especially ones behind closed doors, but that's two good results against quality opposition.

Won't do confidence any harm but can't read too much into these results

I see Miller started with Herrera again. I'm starting to think that could be Caixinha's preferred front 2. I'd prefer to see Morelos alongside Herrera up top.

It looked like it was a 4-2-3-1 again, with Miller playing on the left. I think Morelos is the backup for Herrera so unless he can play the wider positions, his opportunities in the starting 11 will be limited.

Going by the HP we started like we did against Marseille as a 4-4-2 ... which is not what I saw, but that is the "problem" with Miller, as he's constantly moving about ...

The Gers began the game with the same 4-4-2 system which served them so well in Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Marseille at Ibrox.

The gaffer added: “Totally. The 4-4-2 flat formation is the one the boys feel most confident in and is the once which best-suits the characteristics of the players we have in our squad.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/pedro-fantastic-performance/

Edited by der Berliner

It looked like it was a 4-2-3-1 again, with Miller playing on the left. I think Morelos is the backup for Herrera so unless he can play the wider positions, his opportunities in the starting 11 will be limited.

They can't be too limited though, he needs to play so much to fulfill the requirements of his work permit. Might just be the case he is taking a bit longer to settle.

Going by the HP we started like we did against Marseille as a 4-4-2 ... which is not what I saw, but that is the "problem" with Miller, as he's constantly moving about ...

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/pedro-fantastic-performance/

Mentioned it on the Marseille thread, im convinced its an asymmetrical 442 with Jack sitting as the defensive midfielder left center, Dorrans as the Central midfielder right center and kranjcar as an advanced midfielder left center, while Candias is a traditional right midfielder / right winger, big Herrera as a target man while miller is playing an inside forwards role, he drops wide left when we are defending so that him and candias are the out balls, but when the transition changes he is expected to get in centrally to offer support to Herrera and Wallace is then left with space to overlap. I tried to put a pic on the other day but couldn't get it uploaded

Mentioned it on the Marseille thread, im convinced its an asymmetrical 442 with Jack sitting as the defensive midfielder left center, Dorrans as the Central midfielder right center and kranjcar as an advanced midfielder left center, while Candias is a traditional right midfielder / right winger, big Herrera as a target man while miller is playing an inside forwards role, he drops wide left when we are defending so that him and candias are the out balls, but when the transition changes he is expected to get in centrally to offer support to Herrera and Wallace is then left with space to overlap. I tried to put a pic on the other day but couldn't get it uploaded

I agree - Less of a diamond - more of a hexagon:

http://sharemytactics.com/31356/Hexagon-4222