[FT] Sheff Wed 0 - 2 Rangers (Windass 43; Miller 56)

You do wonder who's behind these rumours at times, like the Miller one talking to Hivs 10 days ago and folk believing it ????

Miller is still one of our better players and proved it yet again today. Not surprised he's a first pick, still the best we have up front from what I've seen so far. Hope Moreles and Herrera oust him, that would gladly shut me up.

Thought Windass was great today btw.

Transformation of the midfield has been remarkable. Don't know whether it's because the defence is more solid so they can play a bit more or just the players are better. Jack looking the bargain of any transfer in Scotland right now.

Hope we can keep it up.

Because we are no longer so slow at the back the defenders can push higher up the park making the space between the midfield and defence smaller. Jack also has made a huge difference. He reads the game like big Davy Smith and is almost always in the right position. The ball is a magnet to him.

The spine of the team has been strengthened enormously by the new signings. Alves/Cardoso - Jack/Dorrans are light years better than Kiernan/Wilson and Holt/Halliday. As someone mentioned earlier in the thread it is no longer boys against men. We are competing all over the pitch now.

I thought that it was Windass' best game for us, and he combined well with Wallace. I think that consistency is going to be the real challenge for him, he has shown rare glimpses of being talented but these were few and far between. Candeias had a good first half, but was much quieter in the second half. Hodson was really sound at RB and Herrera lead the line well without really getting sight of the goal. Can't remember a chance created for him? Miller does cover an enormous amount of ground and took his goal well.

I think we are lacking a genuine left wing (think Willie Johnson) and a back up CB. Alves just spreads so much confidence throughout the team and if he was to go missing due to injury, I would have the fear of Danny Wilson coming in to replace him.

A draw against a good Marseille side and two wins against formidable English sides, certainly calms the nerves before Saturday's opening against the Murderwell.

You win nothing here unless you have a stomach for battle. I'm waiting to see how our newbies cope with the inevitable blood and thunder challenges.

Funny how JohnMc has been absent from the Marseille, Watford and Sheff Wed discussion.... :D

He wasn't alone though. I could name 4 others that can't wait to have a go at Pedro, and I'm not talking about the ones that come on here with sensible and understandable concerns (most of which I think we all share). I'm hoping everyone wants him to be a success though, but something tells me that some really want him to fail. They'll show themselves again soon, because inevitably we will have some poor games.

You win nothing here unless you have a stomach for battle. I'm waiting to see how our newbies cope with the inevitable blood and thunder challenges.

What i saw yesterday against a physical Sheff Wed bodes well, some tough tackling, pushing shoving and one or two off the ball handbags, don't think this squad will be such a pushover this season.

He wasn't alone though. I could name 4 others that can't wait to have a go at Pedro, and I'm not talking about the ones that come on here with sensible and understandable concerns (most of which I think we all share). I'm hoping everyone wants him to be a success though, but something tells me that some really want him to fail. They'll show themselves again soon, because inevitably we will have some poor games.

Perhaps he was like me and has not seen a ball kicked in ANYof our friendlies----win,lose or draw.

Now you think i talk shite(fair enough)but surely let me do it after ive seen a match.