[FT] Sheff Wed 0 - 2 Rangers (Windass 43; Miller 56)

What i saw yesterday against a physical Sheff Wed bodes well, some tough tackling, pushing shoving and one or two off the ball handbags, don't think this squad will be such a pushover this season.

I saw Alves described by Wednesday fans as an absolute beast of a man. They weren't saying he is dirty simply an imposing and intimidating figure who 'puts himself about'

To come onto a forum and suggest other members want the manager and by extension Rangers to fail is disgracful.

Admin should nip this in the bud,now.

easy tiger

most couldn't give a shit about friendlies

the justified anger came from absolutely awful performances in games that mean something

that said big alves does seem to have brought some badly needed quality to the back 4

easy tiger

most couldn't give a shit about friendlies

the justified anger came from absolutely awful performances in games that mean something

that said big alves does seem to have brought some badly needed quality to the back 4

Fair enough,i want Pedro to be the best manager we ever had.The fact that i think he will fail doesnt call for the shit i read.Its not on.

Funny how JohnMc has been absent from the Marseille, Watford and Sheff Wed discussion.... :D

I am pretty sure John will fight his corner and even admit he was wrong if and when the time comes. Let's not forget we are talking about 3 Friendlies. As Bill said, once the blood and thunder starts will be the time to judge. As the old song says "You ain't seen nothing yet" That can be positive and negative. I think everyone would love Pedro to succeed but he has not shown much to suggest that he can until the last few weeks.

Funny how JohnMc has been absent from the Marseille, Watford and Sheff Wed discussion.... :D

I don't think I posted on the St Johnstone bounce game thread either, although I might be wrong. I didn't attend or see any of the matches unlike those against Progres, Celtic, Aberdeen... I think I did post on the Watford thread before the match along the lines of 'bounce game results don't matter' and I do think that. No one wants to get turned over but I think players are holding something back in these matches, using them to get fit, try something new, that type of thing so results need to be seen in context. For what it's worth the draw with Marseille and the win at Sheffield are pleasing results and reading the comments of those who did see both matches suggest we looked greatly improved. I'm delighted by that.

I don't particularly enjoy being the forum curmudgeon and I take no pleasure in questioning the ability of our manager. Let's see what the next couple of weekends bring, but I repeat no one will be happier than me to eat humble pie where our manager is concerned. I still have my doubts but everyone suggested he needed time to get his players together, I'm doing just that.

Thanks for your concern though...