Rangers Sign UpTo the Equality Network

What annoys me is that no support is asked for normal human beings.

IMHO the balance towards equality is aimed toward minority groups be it as the post or immigrants etc.

I have grown up respecting people and faiths but too much is aimed at minorities leaving me feeling like a guilty person with my own thoughts.

I get where you are coming from and I agree we should all be allowed to air our views and not have 'support minorities' forced down our throats. But the vast majority of us aren't picked out for often savage unfair treatment. I was fairly 'blind' until a close family member 'came out' recently (never in a million years would you have guessed) and you realise that it's actually very very tough trying to move on from that in a tough working class environment. Your life turns upside down. I mistakenly thought we lived in a new world that accepted gays - we are miles from that sadly!

I just don't see it as an issue, even if you are LGBT. I've said before that my supporters club had a gay guy in it and nobody bothered. I work with numerous gay people, both male and female, and again nobody bothers.

It seems that they're trying to make an issue where one doesn't exist.

RB7 makes the point that there are currently no openly gay footballers, which is a fair point. However I couldn't tell you the sexuality of half our team, and by making a big hoo-ha about it is possibly making it harder for someone who is concerned about coming out.

I think if anyone did a vast majority wouldn't bother. Society has moved on.

I wish society had moved on - it hasn't - not even close. Try watching this http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08z2jpc/gareth-thomas-v-homophobia-hate-in-the-beautiful-game?suggid=b08z2jpc

My own experiences recently with my family proved that too. We like to believe everything is OK - is it fuck!

What annoys me is that no support is asked for normal human beings.

When you have someone close to you who is gay these kind of statements become quite raw. Can't even imagine how they feel.

Edited by Anchorman

I still don't think we do enough for our disabled brethren yet, we're getting there but needs some more attention,

Absolutely. I think Ibrox should be easily accessible to any potential fan who loves the club, simple as that.

I guess the issue is that someone struggling with sexuality becomes isn't as visible as someone with a disability. Not that it's any more or less significant an issue.

I just don't see it as an issue, even if you are LGBT. I've said before that my supporters club had a gay guy in it and nobody bothered. I work with numerous gay people, both male and female, and again nobody bothers.

It seems that they're trying to make an issue where one doesn't exist.

RB7 makes the point that there are currently no openly gay footballers, which is a fair point. However I couldn't tell you the sexuality of half our team, and by making a big hoo-ha about it is possibly making it harder for someone who is concerned about coming out.

I think if anyone did a vast majority wouldn't bother. Society has moved on.

Most normal people don't bother about the sexual preferences of others but Homosexuals seem to feel the need to shout it from the rafters. There is of course the idiots who don't accept homosexuality and even use violence against Homo's. My vision is as long as they don't touch me or others who are not Homo let them live their lives.

Most normal people don't bother about the sexual preferences of others but Homosexuals seem to feel the need to shout it from the rafters. There is of course the idiots who don't accept homosexuality and even use violence against Homo's. My vision is as long as they don't touch me or others who are not Homo let them live their lives.

I think campness is quite affected, and can be pretty irritating, yes, but so are many traits with many people.

I can tell you're trying to be fair here so fair enough, but less of the 'homos', and 'I hope they don't touch me' - they're human beings.

You are a moderator - yes? Then Moderate my account off this forum because you are a blinkered fucking arsehole! I have seen lots of comments on here about 'educated' , 'mature' forum. Fuck sake - read this post from a moderator. I wont be missed but its mutual.

Edited by Anchorman

You are a moderator - yes? Then Moderate my account off this forum because you are a blinkered fucking arsehole! I have seen lots of comments on here about 'educated' , 'mature' forum. Fuck sake - read this post from a moderator. I wont be missed but its mutual.

I hope you don't go, Anchorman. I'm not sure if we would agree about everything, but voices like yours are crucial. I agree that those comments from pete were unacceptable, but as I said to him, it came across more like someone trying (though he failed) to say something positive. Hopefully through talking to others with a different perspective, views can evolve.