Rangers Sign UpTo the Equality Network

No they are attempting to flee a horrible camp where they are constant targets of violence and harrassment. My niece went over with some friends and helped them build more sanitary toileting facilities. Needless to say they were soon bulldozed down and the jungle cleared, again. Most if not all of those in the camps are not being allowed to settle in France. Much of the UK press reporting on that camp makes the BBC look positively pro-Rangers in comparison.

No they're attempting to get to the UK as we are seen as being a soft touch where the streets are paved with gold. To have reached Calais they would have had to cross France and in all probability several other EU countries. The Dublin Agreement requires asylum seekers to claim asylum in the country they enter the EU, if they fail to meet the criteria for being granted asylum in all other EU countries why the hell should they end up here?

You must see a different BBC to me because anytime I've seen the BBC ( and ITN and SKY for that matter) report on the Calais camps is I see is the bleeding heart left wing liberal agenda of Asylum Seekers = Good, UK Government = Bad, variety being promulgated.

I'm not against immigration at all, I've been dealing with immigrants on a daily basis for over 20 years but immigration must be managed.

There are refugees in those Calais camps but there are also economic migrants who are mostly young men. They want to come to the UK not because of any notion of "soft touch" but because there is work here (mostly in the SE) I've no problem with that at all. With our ageing population we need younger tax payers to keep people like me in a pension. Good luck to them

Can we not just go to the football and support Rangers?

RiverBear7 seems very intent on promoting diversity but is invisible on the Peter Campbell memorial thread and other threads which don't question anti-Rangers problems...makes me wonder.

Sexuality doesn't really come into sports and we're Scottish, so nasty words should deflect off our thick skin.

To answer your first question - yes we can. For you that might be it, for me, it is that and more. A football club is part of a community and so, in my view, should have high standards.

As for the other thread - I don't really post unless I have something specific to add. Yes the memorial being vandalised is terrible.

No they're attempting to get to the UK as we are seen as being a soft touch where the streets are paved with gold. To have reached Calais they would have had to cross France and in all probability several other EU countries. The Dublin Agreement requires asylum seekers to claim asylum in the country they enter the EU, if they fail to meet the criteria for being granted asylum in all other EU countries why the hell should they end up here?

You must see a different BBC to me because anytime I've seen the BBC ( and ITN and SKY for that matter) report on the Calais camps is I see is the bleeding heart left wing liberal agenda of Asylum Seekers = Good, UK Government = Bad, variety being promulgated.

I'm not against immigration at all, I've been dealing with immigrants on a daily basis for over 20 years but immigration must be managed.

I know this is off topic, but you've just ignored my reply from earlier.

I won't go on and on about it, but think about the law, think about people's knowledge of the law, think about the reality of the situation, and think about how governments can respond to it.

Many people give up their life savings to be smuggled because it's the only way. In those cases, they go where the smuggler says and that's it.

Every European -including especially Britain - are hostile to asylum seekers and make it very hard for them to settle. They easily find reasons to move them on to other areas or countries and so people end up in camps.

They don't fucking know about the welfare state in most cases, and they certainly benefit from it less than native Brits when they get here.

I'm not the authority on this, but as stated before, I work in integration so I am something of an expert. I see and talk to people who have lost everything, lost friends and family and have had nowhere to call home in months. Some of them end up in Britain.

This is why my original post here called on Rangers to work with asylum seekers actually. When they arrive in Glasgow, they live in Govan in the first instance. Imagine a whole part new wave of Rangers fans who love the club and feel welcome.

To answer your first question - yes we can. For you that might be it, for me, it is that and more. A football club is part of a community and so, in my view, should have high standards.

I detest racism and always treat people as I would like to be treated myself. I work beside two gay guys and get on fine with them. But when I'm at the football I am there exclusively to support Rangers. Sexuality, diversity and inclusion don't matter - you're either a Bear or you aren't.

As for people getting upset about words, it shows how utterly feminised Britain has become. I get called an old git and a Hun by younger lads and Tims at work, I couldn't care less. We're British...stiff upper lip and all that.

I detest racism and always treat people as I would like to be treated myself. I work beside two gay guys and get on fine with them. But when I'm at the football I am there exclusively to support Rangers. Sexuality, diversity and inclusion don't matter - you're either a Bear or you aren't.

As for people getting upset about words, it shows how utterly feminised Britain has become. I get called an old git and a Hun by younger lads and Tims at work, I couldn't care less. We're British...stiff upper lip and all that.

That's fine, for you. But why not keep your own stiff upper lip and let the club and fans talk about the stuff? I can't see how it negatively affects you, so what's the problem?

I hear about it (LGBT) in the mainstream media every day. Hear about it at work every day. Even the gay guys at my work are sick of hearing about it.

I prefer to have a laugh and focus on the game at the football (or on a football forum) and not have it hoist on me there too.

I know this is off topic, but you've just ignored my reply from earlier.

Forgive me I must've missed the mandatory reply memo. I tend not to reply to most of your posts because I like others on here think 'you're at it' tbh.

I won't go on and on about it, but think about the law, think about people's knowledge of the law, think about the reality of the situation, and think about how governments can respond to it.

A Government should look after it's own people first, I regularly get emails from the Council asking if I have any properties available for asylum seekers/refugees not once have I ever received an email from the Council asking if I have properties for Servicemen/women leaving the Service and ergo their home and never to accommodate any of the local homeless.

Many people give up their life savings to be smuggled because it's the only way.

Lucky them because I imagine genuine refugees seldom have life savings

In those cases, they go where the smuggler says and that's it

Which nowadays appears to be a couple of hundred yards of a Libyan beach where they're met by a ship from some NGO or fake charity, taken on board another ship and watch as that NGO or fake charity hands back the smugglers boat for them to tow back to shore so the process can begin again ad infinitum. Thank f*&k the Italians have finally woken up to this farce.

Every European -including especially Britain - are hostile to asylum seekers and make it very hard for them to settle. They easily find reasons to move them on to other areas or countries and so people end up in camps.

Seriously we can't house or look after our own, wtf sort of mayhem do you think would ensue if we open up our borders to the populace of Africa and Asia?

They don't fucking know about the welfare state in most cases, and they certainly benefit from it less than native Brits when they get here.

That's nonsense they're very aware of the welfare state and they very much benefit from, take a look at Grenfell Tower it's located smack bang in the middle of one of the most expensive areas in the world let alone Britain yet so few of the inhabitants were British, a private let in there was over £1200 a week.

I'm not the authority on this, but as stated before, I work in integration so I am something of an expert. I see and talk to people who have lost everything, lost friends and family and have had nowhere to call home in months. Some of them end up in Britain.

I become sceptical when someone has the hubris to label themselves an expert.

This is why my original post here called on Rangers to work with asylum seekers actually. When they arrive in Glasgow, they live in Govan in the first instance. Imagine a whole part new wave of Rangers fans who love the club and feel welcome.

Since your very first post on here you constantly appear to think Rangers are the source of all the ills that afflict society .

Rangers have attendances envied throughout world football. Despite the demotion and journey through the leagues, playing the likes of Annan and Brechin City, that continued.

Anyone who wants to come and support the club is welcome (except Nicola Sturgeon and Tom English) but we're doing fine as we are.

Can we just focus on winning our league back?