Rangers Sign UpTo the Equality Network

They don't fucking know about the welfare state in most cases, and they certainly benefit from it less than native Brits when they get here.

RB7, as said before, I don't generally get involved in these debates as they mostly come down to opinion, which like the saying goes is like erseholes - everyone has one. But to address this specific point you make, they don't NEED to know about our welfare state - a whole industry, some state subsidised and some charity fed is there to explain exactly what they are entitled to. We have thousands there to attend to their needs. I know this because I have 3 members of my family earning a fairly decent living doing just that.

I'm not in any way saying that migrants are living in luxury sitting watching 53 inch tv's . They survive, which is exactly why they say they were coming here in the first place.

I "survive" too while juggling the usual bills with no job and not a penny from the state.

I know this is off topic, but you've just ignored my reply from earlier.

I won't go on and on about it, but think about the law, think about people's knowledge of the law, think about the reality of the situation, and think about how governments can respond to it.

Many people give up their life savings to be smuggled because it's the only way. In those cases, they go where the smuggler says and that's it.

Every European -including especially Britain - are hostile to asylum seekers and make it very hard for them to settle. They easily find reasons to move them on to other areas or countries and so people end up in camps.

They don't fucking know about the welfare state in most cases, and they certainly benefit from it less than native Brits when they get here.

I'm not the authority on this, but as stated before, I work in integration so I am something of an expert. I see and talk to people who have lost everything, lost friends and family and have had nowhere to call home in months. Some of them end up in Britain.

This is why my original post here called on Rangers to work with asylum seekers actually. When they arrive in Glasgow, they live in Govan in the first instance. Imagine a whole part new wave of Rangers fans who love the club and feel welcome.

They know exactly what they are doing and why

RB7, as said before, I don't generally get involved in these debates as they mostly come down to opinion, which like the saying goes is like erseholes - everyone has one. But to address this specific point you make, they don't NEED to know about our welfare state - a whole industry, some state subsidised and some charity fed is there to explain exactly what they are entitled to. We have thousands there to attend to their needs. I know this because I have 3 members of my family earning a fairly decent living doing just that.

I'm not in any way saying that migrants are living in luxury sitting watching 53 inch tv's . They survive, which is exactly why they say they were coming here in the first place.

I "survive" too while juggling the usual bills with no job and not a penny from the state.

This is practically all true. Going back to a former point, while I think they have it at least as hard as anyone here, it just bothers me that they are the people that some people want to cast adrift first. They have more in common with you than many other better off people, as you kinda alluded to. It's divide and conquer, as ever.

To be clear, i'm not saying I know you're opinion at all, and referring to some people's opinions in general.

No they're attempting to get to the UK as we are seen as being a soft touch where the streets are paved with gold. To have reached Calais they would have had to cross France and in all probability several other EU countries. The Dublin Agreement requires asylum seekers to claim asylum in the country they enter the EU, if they fail to meet the criteria for being granted asylum in all other EU countries why the hell should they end up here?

You must see a different BBC to me because anytime I've seen the BBC ( and ITN and SKY for that matter) report on the Calais camps is I see is the bleeding heart left wing liberal agenda of Asylum Seekers = Good, UK Government = Bad, variety being promulgated.

I'm not against immigration at all, I've been dealing with immigrants on a daily basis for over 20 years but immigration must be managed.

I was referring to the Daily Mail and Express and such like being more full of lies re Calais than the BBC are re Rangers.

As for the rest of the post well I don't think I've ever disagreed with so much with your tone (which I normally enjoy) "paved with gold" "bleeding heart left wing liberal agenda".....it's as though the Daily Mail has invaded my screen.

Have you played Galveston Bay much recently? Or the Seeger Sessions?

Edited by SteveC

I was referring to the Daily Mail and Express and such like being more full of lies re Calais than the BBC are re Rangers.

Having re read it fair point, I do read The Mail (in fact subscribe to it) though I haven't read The Express more than half a dozen times since Dirty Desmond turned it into a Daily Sport clone. However I stand by my point re BBC, ITN, SKY etc re coverage of the various incarnations of the camps at Calais.

As for the rest of the post well I don't think I've ever disagreed with so much with your tone (which I normally enjoy) "paved with gold" "bleeding heart left wing liberal agenda".....it's as though the Daily Mail has invaded my screen.

I have no problem with that your perfectly entitled to your view.

Have you played Galveston Bay much recently? Or the Seeger Sessions?

No not much of late but I have been listening to Across The Border and Land Of Hope And Dreams aplenty, however my taste in music has never dictated my politics or vice versa, be a pretty short playlist if I restricted myself to Right Wing Libertarian musicians...:(