Rangers Sign UpTo the Equality Network

It's an emotive subject folks and that will raise those emotions, particularly if we have a loved one, friend or acquaintance who is LGBTQ.

FWIW, I don't think that pete was being a "fucking arsehole" - he was, in my opinion, trying to get his point across but in his own words, and failed to get his point across in a manner which wasn't seen as offensive to either "side".

I have a number of friends who are gay and they should be allowed to live their life as they see fit. They are "normal human beings" just like the rest of us, they just have a different sexual persuasion.

I myself have used the line "do as you wish but don't try to hit on me" - I quite honestly didn't realize the use of such a line would be hurtful - so I too live and learn.

My wife and I were in NYC last month and it so happened we were there the same time as Gay pride week - we went to the Parade and it was quite literally a sight to behold. The LBGTQ community put on a great parade and they were so proud and happy of their community - and why shouldn't they be ? And you know what ? There wasn't a single fight, there wasn't a single punch thrown, and every single person either in the parade or spectating had a smile on their face. Good for them I say, and each to his or her own !

We seem to have lost a member for an off the cuff statement that I made so better to keep off the subject. That is maybe the problem it that is not open to discussion.

That's your perogative of course. No pressure here. If you're interested though, I wonder what it is you think should be up for discussion. I'm sure aspects of the issue can be. As I said earlier, I can find campness irritating (though I would never care enough to ask someone to change).

That's your perogative of course. No pressure here. If you're interested though, I wonder what it is you think should be up for discussion. I'm sure aspects of the issue can be. As I said earlier, I can find campness irritating (though I would never care enough to ask someone to change).
I don't think I took all sides of the equation into consideration and treated the subject as serious as I should have Apologies.to anyone I have hurt.

Absolutely. I think Ibrox should be easily accessible to any potential fan who loves the club, simple as that.

I guess the issue is that someone struggling with sexuality becomes isn't as visible as someone with a disability. Not that it's any more or less significant an issue.

That's a pretty lazy comparison as not all disabilities are visible in fact the vast majority aren't, that's a mindset that some of us have spent years trying Rangers to change.

It's an emotive subject folks and that will raise those emotions, particularly if we have a loved one, friend or acquaintance who is LGBTQ.

FWIW, I don't think that pete was being a "fucking arsehole" - he was, in my opinion, trying to get his point across but in his own words, and failed to get his point across in a manner which wasn't seen as offensive to either "side".

I have a number of friends who are gay and they should be allowed to live their life as they see fit. They are "normal human beings" just like the rest of us, they just have a different sexual persuasion.

I myself have used the line "do as you wish but don't try to hit on me" - I quite honestly didn't realize the use of such a line would be hurtful - so I too live and learn.

My wife and I were in NYC last month and it so happened we were there the same time as Gay pride week - we went to the Parade and it was quite literally a sight to behold. The LBGTQ community put on a great parade and they were so proud and happy of their community - and why shouldn't they be ? And you know what ? There wasn't a single fight, there wasn't a single punch thrown, and every single person either in the parade or spectating had a smile on their face. Good for them I say, and each to his or her own !

Think there's a generational aspect to all this, I've long stopped bothering about what was back in the day known as "poofs" and "lizzies". Just because someone grew up in a world that was different to the one we now inhabit doesn't make them a bigot.

Its not my cup of tea but each to their own and all that, if a man loves another man or a woman another woman who am I to decry them?

One thing I can't quite grasp is the current gender fluidity stuff which seems utter bollox to me along with the "man gives birth" nonsense.

That's a pretty lazy comparison as not all disabilities are visible in fact the vast majority aren't, that's a mindset that some of us have spent years trying Rangers to change.

Actually you're right, many disabilities aren't visible. Please accept my apologies. When I was answering, I was thinking primarily of wheelchair accessibility, but of course there are other issues.

Think there's a generational aspect to all this, I've long stopped bothering about what was back in the day known as "poofs" and "lizzies". Just because someone grew up in a world that was different to the one we now inhabit doesn't make them a bigot.

Its not my cup of tea but each to their own and all that, if a man loves another man or a woman another woman who am I to decry them?

One thing I can't quite grasp is the current gender fluidity stuff which seems utter bollox to me along with the "man gives birth" nonsense.

I don't think men giving birth is really a thing.

I'm kinda half on your side with the gender fluidity. I think things don't always have to be labelled, especially if the person themself isn't sure.nHowever, I generally go back to the 'live and let live' principle. I'm not going through it, so I can't fully understand the issues others face

C***** too...Brenda will be delighted!

Sorry but I feel like I'm back at primary school with comments like this. That's why I'm happy we have signed up and at least tried to move into the 21st century.

Try watching this mate - ask yourself where you fit it? If you do watch it ask yourself if you would take up 'Alfie's' challenge to meet in the pub at the end.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08z2jpc/gareth-thomas-v-homophobia-hate-in-the-beautiful-game?suggid=b08z2jpc

Just went back on the thread to see what's being posted! :shock:

Aaaarrrrgh!!! I'm astonished mate, I think you are overreacting to a bit of banter.

No. I won't be watching the link you posted, being as I'm not interested in where 'I fit in' because you have already explained it with the primary school dig. :flipa:

Just went back on the thread to see what's being posted! :shock:

Aaaarrrrgh!!! I'm astonished mate, I think you are overreacting to a bit of banter.

No. I won't be watching the link you posted, being as I'm not interested in where 'I fit in' because you have already explained it with the primary school dig. :flipa:

Don't get what you're afraid of in watching the suggestion. Anchorman reached out with his perspective and instead of just ignoring it if that's what you wanted, you had to make a big deal out of it?