Rangers Sign UpTo the Equality Network

My younger brother is mentally handicapped. I try to take him to a game every time I am in the UK. A couple of years ago a Rangers fan in the Govan rear where we were sat referred to him as a "mong" - it was all I could do to not smash his face in.

People don't understand some disabilities and haven't a clue how hurtful they can be.

On accessibility I have had the pleasure of chatting with FS where he sits at Ibrox and must say that the viewing area, if it were me, would have me re-considering attending games because I dislike being at pitch level. Would be nice if the club could provide alternative viewpoints for wheelchair fans.

Slight tangent: my sister is severely autistic, and though she doesn't have any interest in football, I think it would be cool to have an autism-friendly gate or something where there is no pressure/rush to get in and it's all a bit less overwhelming and no fear of judgement. Not sure how well that would work, but might be worth an experiment.

Slight tangent: my sister is severely autistic, and though she doesn't have any interest in football, I think it would be cool to have an autism-friendly gate or something where there is no pressure/rush to get in and it's all a bit less overwhelming and no fear of judgement. Not sure how well that would work, but might be worth an experiment.

Rangers have already done something like that.

Rangers have already done something like that.

Yes; I thought that they had a facility within the main stand, of recent provenance. I'm sure that I read about it, possibly on here.

If anything proved the need for Rangers to sign up to the Equality Network it's some of the posts in this thread. Bloody hell.

I've never bought the generational excuse for someone using racist, bigoted or homophobic language. Being old isn't a good excuse.

If anything proved the need for Rangers to sign up to the Equality Network it's some of the posts in this thread. Bloody hell.

I've never bought the generational excuse for someone using racist, bigoted or homophobic language. Being old isn't a good excuse.

It's not an excuse it's a simple fact that what people thought was perfectly normal acceptable behaviour a generation or more ago is no longer viewed that way , that's just the way it is.

Said hey, little boy, you can't go where the others go

'Cause you don't look like they do

Said hey, old man, how can you stand to think that way?

And did you really think about it before you made the rules?

He said, son......