Lennon Polis probe

How surprising. His "pals" think inflammatory behavior from what's supposed to be a professional representative of a club is nothing. Or at least not when it's him rather than someone else doing it. I'm more than confident if Pedro did the exact same thing at the piggery as a referee robbed them blind and then we scored there would be an entirely different view from his "pals" and him too for that matter.

Sheriff Archibald McKay's summation from the Butcher/Woods etc trial makes for interesting reading.

DHK7dchXkAArooZ.jpg

Edited by D'Artagnan

Marginalisation - demonisation - dehumanisation.

Rangers players attacked on the pitch at Hampden, Lee Wallace gives a statement and he is labelled 'a grass'. Scotland's first World Cup qualifier in Malta sees Tartan Army members carrying a banner proclaiming, 'Lee Wallace is a grass'. The usual suspects go into sniggerfest mode as they tell of how the banner is continually applauded in the airport, bars, and in the ground. Only one Hibee is charged with assault, Dale Pryde, and he is given a suspended three month sentence for three assaults. Dale Pryde is now operating under the name, Dale Lovel, and he is trolling Ricksen as recently as Saturday evening.

Last seasons first visit to Pittodrie sees the Rangers team bus engraved with two feet letters, mocking the Ibrox Disaster. Police Scotland promise an inquiry, CCTV cameras to be studied, no arrests, no charges, and no convictions.

Effigies hanging from the neck, hands tied behind their backs, replete in Rangers scarf and orange sash, twisting in the breeze for over an hour, and the Match Commander at Sellik Park congratulates the crowd for good behaviour. Three arrests are made, two for the effigies and one for the banners, 'Kill all H-u-ns' and, 'H-u-n Scum know your Place'. Two have informed no further action is due, the other was handed back his season ticket last month.

Two ten year old boys at two different Scottish Cup semis, are bottled. One has his jaw smashed, the other receives ten head stitches. Both cases are dropped by the Police for lack of evidence, witnesses did not come forward.

The thing is, you can get away with it, if Rangers are involved. There is no political, judicial, or footballing authority will to do anything.

Get a grip Scotland bosses union chairman Alex Smith insists Hibs gaffer Neil Lennon should NOT be coming under fire for gesturing at Rangers fans.

The chairman of Scotland’s bosses union has urged fans to lighten up over Lenny's touchline celebration at Ibrox.

ALEX SMITH has urged fans to lighten up over Neil Lennon’s touchline celebration.

The chairman of Scotland’s bosses union insists Hibs boss Lenny should not be coming under fire for gesturing at Rangers fans during his side’s Ibrox win on Saturday.

Smith said: “People need to get a grip because this is what football’s about — enjoying scoring goals.“It’s a ridiculous situation when people are looking for the least wee thing to have a grievance about.“

The celebration by Lennon sparked anger among Gers fans.

They vilified him on social media and complained to cops, who have now launched their own probe into the incident.

Hibs also face an anxious wait to see if SFA Compliance Officer Tony McGlennan decides to open a case against them.

But Smith, chair of the Scottish League Managers Association, said: “Neil Lennon will have been involved in umpteen games at Ibrox in his career — many of them much bigger games than Saturday’s.

“But he’s gone there with Hibs and seen them, as a newly-promoted club, winning away from home against Rangers.“Why would he not want to celebrate that?

“I get that there’s an Old Firm element to it because of his past career. That would presumably have been simmering on Saturday.

“But football is theatre. I can remember Graeme Souness saying that many years ago. People pay money to watch it and people reacting and showing emotion is part of that.“We expect all coaches to behave in a proper manner on the sidelines and most of the time they do.“Managers celebrate goals — it’s almost an automatic reaction if your team scores a goal.

“Of course, they all do it in different ways. But it all stems from elation.“When a team scores a goal supporters jump up and down. Managers are no different. They’ll rush to the edge of their technical areas.“Sometimes I feel as though managers are in a no-win situation.

“A manager can stand on the sidelines and if he doesn’t show any emotion or looks solemn when his team score he gets criticised for not showing any passion.

“He could be thinking deeply about something that’s happening in the game or thinking about a substitution but it’s viewed as proof he has no feeling for his club.“What I’m saying isn’t a criticism of Rangers or Hibs in any way.

“But tell me the last time a manager celebrating a goal being scored caused a riot at a match?“In fact, Neil Lennon was attacked by a supporter while he was the manager on the sidelines, when he was Celtic manager at Hearts a few years ago. That wasn’t his fault.

“Last season he and Jim Duffy had an exchange during a game but again, that situation didn’t cause any real trouble. The pair were right as rain after it.”

If Lennon is carpeted and found guilty, his punishment would be a minimum two-match touchline ban.

He was given a two-game ban by the SFA in April for his touchline bust-up with Morton boss Duffy — and was told he’d face a further two-game suspension if he was in trouble again before the end of the calendar year.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1415925/alex-smith-neil-lennon-hibs-rangers-fans/

I agree with pretty much everything you've said above 26th. There is a very definite, from my perspective, 'othering' of Rangers and Rangers supporters in play today mainly from fans groups but also amplified and confirmed through the SMSM. However I'm not convinced as yet of the sentiment in your last sentence, which may well be true, but I would need the club to confirm for me that they have presented their case though the correct channels, are consistently, being met with resistance via extended bureaucracy etc etc etc which would have the effect of exhausting all avenues available.

Edited by Big Jaws

Get a grip Scotland bosses union chairman Alex Smith insists Hibs gaffer Neil Lennon should NOT be coming under fire for gesturing at Rangers fans.

The chairman of Scotland’s bosses union has urged fans to lighten up over Lenny's touchline celebration at Ibrox.

ALEX SMITH has urged fans to lighten up over Neil Lennon’s touchline celebration.

The chairman of Scotland’s bosses union insists Hibs boss Lenny should not be coming under fire for gesturing at Rangers fans during his side’s Ibrox win on Saturday.

Smith said: “People need to get a grip because this is what football’s about — enjoying scoring goals.“It’s a ridiculous situation when people are looking for the least wee thing to have a grievance about.“

The celebration by Lennon sparked anger among Gers fans.

They vilified him on social media and complained to cops, who have now launched their own probe into the incident.

Hibs also face an anxious wait to see if SFA Compliance Officer Tony McGlennan decides to open a case against them.

But Smith, chair of the Scottish League Managers Association, said: “Neil Lennon will have been involved in umpteen games at Ibrox in his career — many of them much bigger games than Saturday’s.

“But he’s gone there with Hibs and seen them, as a newly-promoted club, winning away from home against Rangers.“Why would he not want to celebrate that?

“I get that there’s an Old Firm element to it because of his past career. That would presumably have been simmering on Saturday.

“But football is theatre. I can remember Graeme Souness saying that many years ago. People pay money to watch it and people reacting and showing emotion is part of that.“We expect all coaches to behave in a proper manner on the sidelines and most of the time they do.“Managers celebrate goals — it’s almost an automatic reaction if your team scores a goal.

“Of course, they all do it in different ways. But it all stems from elation.“When a team scores a goal supporters jump up and down. Managers are no different. They’ll rush to the edge of their technical areas.“Sometimes I feel as though managers are in a no-win situation.

“A manager can stand on the sidelines and if he doesn’t show any emotion or looks solemn when his team score he gets criticised for not showing any passion.

“He could be thinking deeply about something that’s happening in the game or thinking about a substitution but it’s viewed as proof he has no feeling for his club.“What I’m saying isn’t a criticism of Rangers or Hibs in any way.

“But tell me the last time a manager celebrating a goal being scored caused a riot at a match?“In fact, Neil Lennon was attacked by a supporter while he was the manager on the sidelines, when he was Celtic manager at Hearts a few years ago. That wasn’t his fault.

“Last season he and Jim Duffy had an exchange during a game but again, that situation didn’t cause any real trouble. The pair were right as rain after it.”

If Lennon is carpeted and found guilty, his punishment would be a minimum two-match touchline ban.

He was given a two-game ban by the SFA in April for his touchline bust-up with Morton boss Duffy — and was told he’d face a further two-game suspension if he was in trouble again before the end of the calendar year.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1415925/alex-smith-neil-lennon-hibs-rangers-fans/

Highlighted a couple of (IMHO) Key points....

Firstly, I don't have any problem with managers celebrating a goal - whether it's Lemon, Brenda or anyone else, their team has just scored so why not celebrate it. However, I would expect that celebration to be predominantly directed towards his players, not directing gestures to opposing fans.

Secondly, Does Smith believe that Lemon behaved in a "proper manner" by directing inflammatory gestures towards opposing fans, during what was already highlighted as a "high risk" match???

Has ANY other Scottish manager been involved is an many "touchline" incidents as Kneel Lemon???

Edited by Darthter

Lennon faced the Rangers crowd. If he was celebrating he would be facing the park, celebrating with his team and supporters. He made a gesture to the fans which was not celebratory and cupped his hands to his ears. This is being minimised as celebrating. It wasn't. He was taunting the Rangers fans and should have more self control. I am very surprised and relieved no-one went for him.