Lennon Polis probe

TLB ned behaviour is bad enough but for me the most important issue is the ref!, this is where the club should be focussing their attention, his inept performance cost us points, dignified silence is why we are treated different from any other club

From what I read into the non criminal charge it is okay to give the GIRUY sign as it is deemed in law to be non confrontational,so are we all free to do so????????????

Would you like to meet me down the Gallowgate tonight, when we might put your theory into practice?

"HUGH BURNS has branded Hibs boss Neil Lennon a DISGRACE after his behaviour at Ibrox last Saturday.

Former Rangers star Burns says Lennon’s actions could have sparked a riot — even though he’s been cleared by cops. "

Gers supporters bombarded social media with complaints about Lennon’s conduct in his side’s 3-2 Ibrox triumph.

They claimed Lennon’s gestures towards fans after Simon Murray’s equaliser were provocative.

Lennon is waiting to see if the SFA will take any action against him.

Burns said: “I thought the way Neil Lennon behaved was disgraceful. I was in the TV gantry, and I was both angry and disgusted with what I saw.

“The gesture he made was clearly an ‘up yours’ one. It wasn’t only provocative, it showed a real lack of class.

“What Lennon did was terrible, especially given that there’s already bad blood between the fans of the two clubs after last year’s Scottish Cup Final.

“It’s all very well celebrating, and everyone knows Lennon’s an emotional guy. But the way he behaved beggared belief.

“When it happened I looked at the fans around me and I saw anger and hatred on their faces. It could easily have sparked a riot. All it needed was one guy who had a drink too many to react and it would all have kicked off.

“It would have been like the time Lennon got attacked on the track at Tynecastle when he was Celtic boss.

“I’m surprised the police didn’t investigate what went on, even just to warn him. It’s as if he thinks he’s above the law.

“I’m not representing Rangers when I say this, but I want to defend my club and its fans because I’m one of them.

“What’s gone on in the past has been well-documented, with his confrontation with Ally McCoist, and him being sent bullets in the post.

“You you can’t condone that kind of stuff. It’s undeserved, but he does bring a hell of a lot of attention on himself.”

Burns claims the Hibees hierarchy are likely to be unhappy at their gaffer’s conduct.

Burns added: “I doubt if Rod Petrie and Leeann Dempster will be pleased at what happened.

“Their team had a brilliant result last weekend, but all the stuff since has been about Lennon’s behaviour.

“Celebrating with your team’s fans is one thing. Gesturing at the opposition’s is another, and he had no reason to do that.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1425747/hugh-burns-neil-lennon-rangers-hibs-riot-disgrace/

Hibs manager Pat Fenlon banned for Hampden gesture

15th June 2012

_60387540_fenlon.jpg

Manager Pat Fenlon has been given a four-match ban, two of which are suspended, for his gesture during Hibernian's Scottish Cup final defeat.

Fenlon was sent to the stand by referee Craig Thomson moments after he had been mocked by Hearts fans late in his side's crushing 5-1 loss.

The Hibs manager later denied reacting to his tormentors.

But a hearing on Thursday decided on a touchline ban for the Irishman for breaching disciplinary rule 203.

Fenlon will therefore watch the first two games of the next term from the stand, with the suspended penalty lasting the duration of the season.

When asked if he had reacted to the mocking Hearts fans, Fenlon said after the game: "No I didn't. I made a gesture in relation to the way we were playing. We kept giving the ball away cheaply."I don't know what they were singing to be honest."

Fenlon also insisted that he did not know why he was punished by Thomson, who angered Hibs by awarding a penalty and sending off Pa Kujabi for the defender's foul on Hearts winger Suso when the score was 2-1.

"I don't know," he said. "I didn't ask him about that. I didn't get to speak to the referee. He was the last person I wanted to speak to."It was frustration with the way we are playing. The referee said it was the police, but I spoke to the police who said they had nothing to do with it, so it is disappointing."

Rule 203 states that no member of team staff shall commit misconduct at a match, breaching the post-match protocol and committing unacceptable conduct.

Those offences include "continued use of offensive, abusing and/or insulting language and/or behaviour, calling a match official a cheat and/or calling a match official's integrity into question; failure to comply with a match official's requests; adoption of aggressive behaviour towards a match official; any racist, sexist, sectarian and/or otherwise discriminatory element; and the degree of any physical violence".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/18151985

Hibs manager Pat Fenlon banned for Hampden gesture

15th June 2012

_60387540_fenlon.jpg

Manager Pat Fenlon has been given a four-match ban, two of which are suspended, for his gesture during Hibernian's Scottish Cup final defeat.

Fenlon was sent to the stand by referee Craig Thomson moments after he had been mocked by Hearts fans late in his side's crushing 5-1 loss.

The Hibs manager later denied reacting to his tormentors.

But a hearing on Thursday decided on a touchline ban for the Irishman for breaching disciplinary rule 203.

Fenlon will therefore watch the first two games of the next term from the stand, with the suspended penalty lasting the duration of the season.

When asked if he had reacted to the mocking Hearts fans, Fenlon said after the game: "No I didn't. I made a gesture in relation to the way we were playing. We kept giving the ball away cheaply."I don't know what they were singing to be honest."

Fenlon also insisted that he did not know why he was punished by Thomson, who angered Hibs by awarding a penalty and sending off Pa Kujabi for the defender's foul on Hearts winger Suso when the score was 2-1.

"I don't know," he said. "I didn't ask him about that. I didn't get to speak to the referee. He was the last person I wanted to speak to."It was frustration with the way we are playing. The referee said it was the police, but I spoke to the police who said they had nothing to do with it, so it is disappointing."

Rule 203 states that no member of team staff shall commit misconduct at a match, breaching the post-match protocol and committing unacceptable conduct.

Those offences include "continued use of offensive, abusing and/or insulting language and/or behaviour, calling a match official a cheat and/or calling a match official's integrity into question; failure to comply with a match official's requests; adoption of aggressive behaviour towards a match official; any racist, sexist, sectarian and/or otherwise discriminatory element; and the degree of any physical violence".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/18151985

And Lennon actually turned to the crowd and did it. I'm fully expecting the SFA still to act on this one. It is too obvious for them to ignore.

As for the whining about alleged death threats on Lennon that's exactly what the mindless moron can expect when he decides to be so graphically offensive in public while holding an official position as a representative of a high profile football club.

And beyond that if there had been crowd trouble due to his behaviour which is also a distinct possibility would that then be nothing to do with the jolly chappy either? This is a lifelong grunting thug both on and off the field. While manager at Bolton he made a knife threat against a woman and we're supposed to pity/respect this total cretin? Gimme a break.