The Family of George Gillespie Have Contacted the Founders Trail.

What side, did you overlook Kingsridge Secondary producer of many top footballers?

No.4 fettercairn right at the end next to Inchfad Drive. I went to Ladyloan Primary then to Cleddans Primary. Kingsridge was at end of next street Kerry Place.

Snap regarding schools in first two years at Kingsridge I sat beside Danny McGrain for registration classes.

As you might have guessed by my posting name I was born in 1950 and attended secondary from 1962-1968,we may have crossed paths!!!!

Snap regarding schools in first two years at Kingsridge I sat beside Danny McGrain for registration classes.

As you might have guessed by my posting name I was born in 1950 and attended secondary from 1962-1968,we may have crossed paths!!!!

I also was born in 1950. I left Drumchapel at the end of last year in primary school.

Going by that I would think we had a good chance of being in same class at Cleddans Primary.

Some of the names I remember Alan Wood,John Wilson,John Gibb,Sammy Stewart,George Caddell(his brother Sandy played in goal for the Jags,Billy Lindsay,Brian Murray to name afew.

Do you recognise any?

• 3 weeks later...

Earlier today we met with George Gillespie’s Granddaughter Barbara and her husband Emile.

We took them around Glasgow visiting various locations linked not only with George’s Rangers career but also his life.

We visited his house on Radnor Street , his Pub in Finnieston, and our grounds at Burnbank, Kinning Park and First Ibrox.

After paying their respects at George Gillespie’s final resting place at Lambhill Cemetery we took them on a Tour of Ibrox Stadium and finished of our day with lunch in the Argyle House restaurant.

It was a privilege to spend the day with Barbara and Emile and to give them an insight into George’s life and the early years of our Club.

We also managed to help each other, through our research, place more pieces into the wonderful tapestry that is Rangers Football Club.

They are now honorary members of our worldwide Rangers Family, brought back into the fold, and head off home to Canada with copies of our Gallant Pioneers book and of course Founders Trail scarves as reminder of their visit to Glasgow and their bond with the Rangers.

Haste Ye Back.

IMG_1146.jpg

IMG_11521.jpg

IMG_1154.jpg

IMG_1155.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_11612.jpg

Going by that I would think we had a good chance of being in same class at Cleddans Primary.

Some of the names I remember Alan Wood,John Wilson,John Gibb,Sammy Stewart,George Caddell(his brother Sandy played in goal for the Jags,Billy Lindsay,Brian Murray to name afew.

Do you recognise any?

I recognise a couple including me.