A view from afar on selective enforcement...

I totally agree, my point is that this seems like an orchestrated, deliberate effort to goad less thoughtful fans into a reaction. It only takes a couple for their dishonest narrative to be confirmed and continued.

All one has to do is look at the cup final: scores of Hhibs fans asking, if not begging, for a reaction results in a few Rangers fans giving them exactly what they want. And the stories are that Rangers and Hhibs fans riot on the pitch. No nuance or intellectual honestly.

I don't agree.....Lennon's a moron not a calculating thoughtful person at all....He got pelters from us he gave out a come back....it's at that level. Our less thoughtful guys should be more thoughtful than Lennon. Let's hope our people are smart enough to see it like it is. scores of Hibs fans on the pitch at Hampden......saw on tv a minority of them giving it laldy at the Rangers end.....1 of them has been found guilty of assaulting our player...there might be more,

I don't agree.....Lennon's a moron not a calculating thoughtful person at all....He got pelters from us he gave out a come back....it's at that level. Our less thoughtful guys should be more thoughtful than Lennon. Let's hope our people are smart enough to see it like it is. scores of Hibs fans on the pitch at Hampden......saw on tv a minority of them giving it laldy at the Rangers end.....1 of them has been found guilty of assaulting our player...there might be more,

I'm not saying Lennon is part of this orchestrated effort, he's just a tool (quite literally a tool) that is useful to those that are. I agree with you that he is going to be who he is regardless. The fact that people mostly get away with crap that Rangers players and fans don't get away with is what I'm referring to. The double standard of enforcing rules against us (songs/banners ignored by scum and such) seems pretty evident. You guys would know more than me though as I'm just observing from afar and reading the reactions here.

there is no conspiracy

referees are not against us

Again, I'm talking about mhedia and other organizations (SPFL/SFA), not necessarily refs, although Beaton's performance certainly was questionable. There seems to be selective enforcement of rules and I'm skeptical it hasn't continued in order to achieve a predicted and desired result.

there is no conspiracy

I take that as tongue in cheek, actually.

That aside, many of them simply seem to be rather unfit for purpose ... and the irony of them having Specsaver stickers on their arms becomes ever more cynic ...

Edited by der Berliner

there is no conspiracy

There isn't a conspiracy, but they are against us. For years we have been painted as a the bad guys of Scottish Football and that level of vilification is bound to have an effect on referees and how they view us. The there is the fact that if they know that if they give decisions in our favour it will bring a whole load of aggravation down upon themselves, so it is easier to go with the flow and give the decisions that make life easier for them.

there is no conspiracy

You're correct there is no conspiracy!, it's to blatant/obvious to be called a conspiracy!, there is no way Beaton can be described other than a cheat!, his performance can't be viewed as a bad performance!, too many obvious wrong decisions!, all rather mopish from me but I can't accept his performance as being '' a bad game''.