Its one of those typical, standard interviews from a fed-up player or more likely his agent. Maybe he will be for the off after all to boost the transfer kitty?

That might make sense with Weir being first choice and us having a few candidates who could come in alongside him. Besides, if Webster is going to cost us �£500,000 or so, we could pay for him from Svensson's fee and have money to spare.

Taken from the Daily R*cord:

KARL SVENSSON last night warned Rangers he'll be off if they don't put him on more often.

The defender, who has been linked with a return to his former club IFK Gothenburg, wants to feature in Walter Smith's side but admitted he may leave Ibrox if he's not getting regular football.

Svensson, left, said: "If Rangers don't believe in me, eventually I'll have no choice but to look elsewhere for first-team football.

"I enjoyed my time at IFK Gothenburg and I'm also enjoying my experience at Rangers as it's a great club.

"Ideally, I want to show I am worthy of playing regularly for Rangers. However, it's very important for me to be getting games. I'm sure I'll talk with the club about my future when the season is over."

Gothenburg's director of football, Hakan Mild, has vowed to break the bank to re-sign the 23-year-old but reckons Svensson will be determined to battle for a regular berth at Rangers. Mild said: "I think Karl is pretty happy at Rangers and he would want to stay and fight for his place. But if he wanted to come home we'd definitely be interested.

"We haven't made any contact with Rangers but I'm sure the finances would be available to bring him back."

I don't think he's as bad as some fans make out. However, it's clear he lacks some of the basic skills to be a success in the SPL. His aerial ability, physical strength and concentration are generally not good enough.

I actually wouldn't be averse to letting him go on loan for a season then make a more reasoned judgement. However, I'd prefer that loan was in the UK.

There are way too many players (mostly talking about Rangers but applies to any club) these days who give up too easily. Whatever happened to knuckling down and fighting for your place?

He definately wont get in the team ahead of Weird, bar an injury, but if he shows a bit more desire to stay and gets to work on improving his all round game then he could be a fixture in the team for years.

Easier said than done i know, but im getting a little tired of these players who dont seem to care enough about the club that pays their wages.

I dont think he has been that bad, its just he has hasnt been that great either.

He can improve but its now a position where we have quite a few options so if he leaves I wouldnt be disappointed. However I wouldnt mind him staying and trying to form a partnership with Webster.

He was crap. lacked some of the basic skills needed to be a footballer. Think he may have been a bit overawed comming to a club this size. We also took a chance with him. He came here having to prove himself and i think the level of expectation was too high for his shoulders to bear. A bit like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

I don't think he's as bad as some fans make out. However, it's clear he lacks some of the basic skills to be a success in the SPL. His aerial ability, physical strength and concentration are generally not good enough.

I actually wouldn't be averse to letting him go on loan for a season then make a more reasoned judgement. However, I'd prefer that loan was in the UK.

Said on the official site he doesn't want to go on loan.

I think that's the problem, he seems to lack the basic skills needed to succeed as a commanding centre half. I think he has shown signs of improvement, but he still seems to be clumsy with the ball at his feet. His first touch is often awful and seems to struggle to pass the ball even over short distances. Having said that, a few of our recent signings also seem to lack basic skills.

He's still young and obviously has potential, but at the moment, with the players we're signing, I think the writing is on the wall for him. If he would go somewhere within the UK on loan for a season, then I think his game would come on.

I can understand how he feels, but when he signed I thought PLG considered him one for the future rather than a starter. I guess Svensson thought differently!