Support from Lower League Clubs

Hibs, Kilmarnock, Aberdeen & Ross County have made it known that they do not back the SPFL's call for a further inquiry into the EBT years.

I suspect many of the lower league clubs do not back the Celtic/SPFL stance either.

On Wednesday 26th July, I sent the email below to every Scottish senior club indicating that their club logo was displayed on the website dedicated to stripthetitles. I used the email addresses listed on the SPFL website. Five addresses have probably been updated from this site as emails were bounced back from Motherwell, Forfar, Albion Rovers, Berwick Rangers & Raith Rovers.

Email to Scottish Clubs

Subject: Club Intellectual Property Rights.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Club Intellectual Property Rights.

On the following website, a copy of your club logo is prominently displayed.

https://twitter.com/1stripthetitles?lang=en

I wish to draw this matter to your attention and ask the following two questions.

Has permission been granted to use your official club logo?

Does the appearance of your logo on this website indicate that your club endorses the view presented on this site?

Both internationally and at club level the future of the Scottish game looks bleak. Engagement in a form of open civil war within the Scottish game seems, to me, to serve no purpose.

Yours faithfully

G_d

Four replies were received within a couple of days.

Stirling Albion, Brechin City, Montrose & Dumbarton.

I don't expect to receive any others now.

The responses shared below suggest that SPFL does not enjoy universal support from lower league clubs.

Reply 1

On 26 Jul 2017, at 16:45, Stirling Albion <office@stirlingalbionfc.co.uk> wrote:

G_d

Many thanks for drawing this matter to my attention.

Clearly there is no endorsement or indeed permission given to carry our logo.

In the first instance I have forwarded to our governing body, the SPFL to ask them to address the matter centrally.

I will keep you apprised of developments.

Kind regards

Xxxxxxx

Chairman & Ops Director

SAFC

Reply 2

On 26 Jul 2017, at 16:54, Xxxxxxx wrote:

On behalf of Brechin City FC I can confirm that we have not given permission for the use of our Club logo for this post and that we do not as a Club hold the views presented therein.

Regards.

Xxxxxxxxxx

Chairman

Brechin City FC.

Reply 3

On 27 Jul 2017, at 10:43, Montrose wrote:

Hi G_d

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We did not give permission for our logo to be used and we will now be taking action to have it removed.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Xxxxxxxxx

Club Secretary

Montrose FC

Reply 4

Dear G_d

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. For the avoidance of doubt Dumbarton Football Club has not and will not give permission for the use of the Club logo for the purpose stated on this website, nor do we endorse the view presented.

It is our view that this is a matter for the football authorities to address in accordance with SPFL and SFA Rules.

Yours sincerely

Xxxxxxxxxx

Chief Executive

Dumbarton Football Club

Excellent work. Unbelievable that some still aren't satisfied after all that we, as a club, have been through.

It has become a sport for these guy's. It is probably more important to them now than the actual football.

Might be the case that others who didn't reply received the email and quickly thought oh not this shit again I don't even want to talk about that anymore far less be involved with it.

They would need a board meeting or conference call of directors to respond formally. After one week looks like the Tims are isolated. Bit of power play going on here. I would guess most clubs want to keep Celtic in their place and remind them they are not Scottish fitba. Hope so.