Are we justified in parking the bus on Saturday

Cant fathom talk of playing defensive against Celtic at Ibrox. If it was away then caution is fair enough considering where we are at but at home we should always take the game to them. Id say this Celtic side is peaking between now and last season but they are far from unbeatable.

4-5-1 looks better for us IMO. Miller has a great record against them so may be the option on the left side with Windass rotating.

To answer the question, not only are we justified in parking the bus, it is the only tactic that makes sense and if we dont see this style and get beaten, Pedro will have some serious tactical questions to answer.

I want to see a very tight 4 across the 18 yard box, with the midfield 5 sitting just in front of them, and Morelos forcing the defenders to pass quickly. If we do this, we may just be able to get a positive result by taking our chances from set pieces or counter-attacks.

I dont want to see any passengers or luxury players on Saturday, so no Miller or Windass for me. Get the grafters in there, and get them all to work their bloody socks off closing down and denying the bheasts any space inside our last third. They are not that good or creative when denied space, and a well drilled defence and controlled midfield should be able to be comfortably keep them out. It may then come down to individual mistakes or refereeing, which is out of the managers hands.

I don't think parking the bus is quite the way to go: how is it any different to what they usually play against, and they have no trouble hitting 3, 4, 5 goals? And that's against teams that are set-up to do so game after game, it's ingrained in them; we're not used to doing it. If we park the bus and get beaten, "Pedro will have some serious tactical questions to answer..." :)

I don't think parking the bus is the solution either. Inviting pressure is not how we best play. Celtic are, as Rousseau said, used to that style and they still have the players to hurt you doing so. Plus, I have always disliked the idea of playing right on your own 18 yd box.

I think we would be best served playing the same style we have already been playing. If we get pumped then Pedro knows we need either a) improved personnel in his preferred formation or b) find a new formation and tactics against Celtic. If we go with a formation which is unlike how we normally play then we don't get any kind of gauge as to where we are.

Whilst I hear TB say if we don't go with this defensive formation and get a doing then Pedro has some "serious tactical questions to answer".... what if he DOES go with this defensive formation and we still get a doing - does he not still have serious tactical questions to answer ?? He is in a no-win situation, other than with a positive result. A loss and he will be hounded from one of two sides, those that wanted the defensive formation and didn't get it or those who wanted the normal formation and didn't get it. He simply can't win, as I say, unless we get a positive result.

I think with the back 4 playing as a solid unit (no need for Tavernier or John to be bombing forward) and with Dorrans and Jack in front of them we SHOULD be a solid defensive unit - let Jack and Dorrans slide to cover the flanks if and when Candeias and AN Other on the other side get forward to assist Pena and Miller (presumably) up top.

I think we have a proper chance of beating them if we are at the top of our game - but I think those chances actually lessen if we go defensive against them.

Parking the bus will be suicide. We need to keep the lines tight but not on our 18 yard line. Let them pass it along the back 2 making sure Tierney and Lustig only have time to pass it back to the CH's. As soon as it is a forward pass to midfield then close them down as quick as possible. Stupid fouls around the 18 yard box could also be deadly and they will be looking to go down with the brush of a feather. Anyway we have a game tonight let's worry about Saturday after we beat Thistle.

This thread actually highlights why it's not all pedros fault as some would claim. Half of us want to park the bus and half of us don't but we all fear a doing.

If Pedro had got us playing better we wouldn't be so worried.