[FT] Partick Thistle 1 - 3 Rangers (Pena 55; Candeias 94; Herrera 99)

Alnwick made some very good saves, although he had a rather dodgy kick-out at one point (I think it was not long before Thistle equalised).

I still worry about our defence and think we don't have enough presence in midfield. Morelos and Pena both impressed me - Pena plays some great passes and gets into good positions and the header was class.

One thing I noted was we've had five goalscorers in the two matches at Firhill - Morelos, Dorrans, Pena, Caneias and Herrera (all PC signings). Not often we've been able to say that in recent years. Hopefully a sign of things to come, where a number of players chip in with goals.

Last night we were wise when being fouled. Our players went down and played more 'professionally' in that respect (seemed that way to me anyway). Bit of continental cunning required against the hammer throwers. Noticed Dorrans talking to the ref a bit too. So often we just take it and get in with it like in the Hibs game and we're not 'cute' enough. If Tav had just appeared 'poleaxed' and our players challenged the ref more rather than getting in argie bargie with Hibs the hooligan Stokes would have walked. I'm not advocating diving but we need to use opponents aggression against them more.

Last night we were wise when being fouled. Our players went down and played more 'professionally' in that respect (seemed that way to me anyway). Bit of continental cunning required against the hammer throwers. Noticed Dorrans talking to the ref a bit too. So often we just take it and get in with it like in the Hibs game and we're not 'cute' enough. If Tav had just appeared 'poleaxed' and our players challenged the ref more rather than getting in argie bargie with Hibs the hooligan Stokes would have walked. I'm not advocating diving but we need to use opponents aggression against them more.

Agree though I don't know if Morelos could play it like that. If they have a hack at him his instinct is to get right in their faces.

Interesting tweet/video about the ramblings of the "crazy foreigner".

[tweet]910507783484788736[/tweet]

You can see how it relates to both defense and attack: in defense, we are not compact enough, which allows teams to play through us; and in attack, the support players are too far away to... support the forwards. I think we'll be a lot more effective when we get this right.

Edited by Rousseau

Interesting tweet/video about the ramblings of the "crazy foreigner".

[tweet]910507783484788736[/tweet]

Make no mistake Caixinha is a clever man, some of the criticism he receives on Scotland can be put down to xenophobia.

I am really interested to see how he sets the team up on Saturday.