Alves and John injuries

If McCrorie is being lined up to play, it shows how far down the pecking order (rightfully in my opinion) Danny Wilson has fallen. Must be time to offload in January.

Unless I have missed something and Wilson is injured?

Wilson is still injured I believe.

He can and has played on either wing and will move into goalscoring positions nonetheless. Herrera is an out and out central striker and we sure need someone we can hit balls up, someone with the ability to keep it and lay it of to the attacking folk about him, namely Candeias (see Tueday), Miller and Morelos. They will all (bar Candeias) interchange positions anyway, as is the norm for a modern game. I'd rather have Miller (who will play, no matter what), Morelos and Herrera out there tomorrow, than Windass somewhere on the left or as secondary striker*.

*Well, he'll probably score two goals tomorrow, now that I have written that.

Candeias plays like a winger - to lay balls off you need the winger to play further inside. That would make Candeias far less effective. It also means that Morelos is far less effective too.

Every week you come with some change in formation and pushing players away from their natural positions. That is, of course, you prerogative - but this isn't Football Manager where we can re-load the game if we don't get the result we want :D

Edited by craig

I'm not worried about McCrorie playing as much than Alves is out if you see what I mean, certainly rather McCrorie than when Bates came in last season.

Alves will be missed more for his leadership and the assurance of having him there but let's face it we've lost 3 goals v Hibs, also other teams have scored against us and they are almost certain to score anyway.

Edited by scotjo

Defence is now a real worry. It'll be Tav - Cordosa - McCrorie - Hodson.

I'd definitely stick Jack and Dorrans in front of those four and tell Tav to stay in his own half.

I think you're right here. Defence is pretty frail with the injuries but with Jack and Dorrans sitting in front of them - Jack possibly a bit deeper than usual - we're still in better shape than April's thumping.

They're definitely going to score at least 2 in my opinion. We'll just need to score more.