Rangers 0 - 2 Celtic

I can't for the life of me see why anyone wants Miller in the centre of midfield and sticking the one man who can score goals out to a wide position. Miller should be left front if playing with Morelos up top and Pena in the centre mid. Either that or Herrera up top and Morelos playing either side of him. Miller centre mid will be ball lost and tempo out of the game.

I can't for the life of me see why anyone wants Miller in the centre of midfield and sticking the one man who can score goals out to a wide position. Miller should be left front if playing with Morelos up top and Pena in the centre mid. Either that or Herrera up top and Morelos playing either side of him. Miller centre mid will be ball lost and tempo out of the game.

I agree Pete. Maybe it's worth trying Morelos out wide in another game to allow Herrera to be the target man, however not to make way for Miller. As I said in one of the other threads, Miller is ideal for the midfield if we think we're going to spend more time closing down their space than we will be creating our own. You're absolutely right, that Miller will only lose possession and is not technical enough to develop our attacks from there.

I can see why you'd think that about Pena but he was probably our most creative player on Tuesday and has scored a couple, despite only starting once.

I know Miller is a certainty to start and that's a reason I expect another defeat.

I can see Miller in instead of Windass on the left. I also have no idea why Dorrans should be playing as deep as Jack. Dorrans should be playing more advanced than Jack noising up the Celtic midfield. I hope we are not going to be saying come and get us near our own 18 yard box. That is a recipe for disaster in my eyes. the way to beat Celtic is don't let them play.

Pace plus physical presence and can cover and attack through the right channel. That's all.

Thanks, but no thanks :thup:

If Tavernier isn't playing RB he shouldn't be playing at all. Jack & Dorrans over Jack & Tav all day long for me.

I can see Miller in instead of Windass on the left. I also have no idea why Dorrans should be playing as deep as Jack. Dorrans should be playing more advanced than Jack noising up the Celtic midfield. I hope we are not going to be saying come and get us near our own 18 yard box. That is a recipe for disaster in my eyes. the way to beat Celtic is don't let them play.

I agree with this. But part of the issue in trying to close their space is that we STILL have to play a low line in defence because we lack pace in the central defensive positions. If we had more pace at CB then we could play a higher line, which allows the midfield to pressure the ball further up the pitch too.

Much as though I think Alves is a good defender it has been years since we had genuine pace at the back that allowed us to play a high line.

We need Candeias tracking back on the right to help Tav and Jack stop Tierney and Sinclair. On the left we need similar for Roberts and Lustig, hopefully John and Jack with Miller??? Then we've only got Dorrans to cover Celtic's midfielders breaking. We need at least 3 midfielders. I don't see Pena as a defender.

Edited by les186

What ?!?!?! Jack, along with Morelos & Candeias, have been our best peformers. In fact, at this moment in time, if any of the central midfield two were to be dropped, it should be Dorrans, not Jack (not that I would advocate dropping either).

In this game I would play Miller, and bring Pena on with half an hour to play. I see a player in Windass but he needs to become more consistent and quickly.

Just havent seen much in Jack to suggest he is the Stuart McCall type player we need especially after the raves from Aberdeen. I guess we fans see things differently. Maybe watchin on TV / Online doesnt show the work he does off the ball but in the games Ive watched so far I am not overly impressed. You are right on Dorrans though, has dipped slightly since his debut at Fir Park but I still think he is a cracking signing and will get stronger as the season goes on. His goal at Firhill was something he showed us he is capable of.