SRtRC responds to Morelos article in the Daily Record

Jackson's despicable article is reproduced elsewhere. It was a smart alec piece with an undertone that the author is well up with the drugs scene and a disguised implication that there is a connection between Morelos and drugs just because he is Colombian.

Jackson should be fired.

Jackson's despicable article is reproduced elsewhere. It was a smart alec piece with an undertone that the author is well up with the drugs scene and a disguised implication that there is a connection between Morelos and drugs just because he is Colombian.

Jackson should be fired.

I don't normally get offended - but in an attempt to look "smart", Jackson has actually looked like a complete tit, and a racist to boot.

Trafficking, smuggling, Pablo Escobar, attracting sniffs, cartel.... all references Jackson used in his article.

Despicable piece simply because Morelos is Colombian.

Utter drivel

In today's climate, that is pretty racist.

England's women's team fans had a banner covered up which said SUPER WHITE ARMY by the FA a few days ago. That's where we are, so Jackson should be dragged over the coals* for that poor attempt at journalism.

*Hopefully in a literal sense.

"My jaw dropped when I landed to Edinburgh this morning and I saw the article. I feel ashamed and embarrassed to have my name on that piece. I want nothing to do with it. Also some of my comments on that article are far from truth. I will never speak to Keith Jackson again."

"Glad to hear Rangers fans are happy with Alfredo. Fingers crossed for a good result on saturday!"

Take care.

Best regards,

Jonne Lindblom

Licensed Players Agent

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/jonne-lindblom-reaction-to-jacksons-morelos-article-exclusive-to-ff.3367/

Edited by ian1964

I am really frustrated by this. It's not because of the article, it's more about why I now know about it. Had it not been posted on here, I wouldn't know it existed. I don't read these rags, and neither does anyone else in my circle of friends or family. The paper and many of its staff are an example of everything that's wrong with Scottish football, so why are we still buying it? Stop, and take every opportunity to influence others to do the same.

I may be wrong in my attitude here, and can understand those that want to highlight the wrongs in this, but by doing so it only further fuels these despicable morons. They thrive on the air time and debate it receives, so don't give it to them. Cut off the very oxygen they rely on and they will die off quickly. I'd support a ban on anything to do with this organisation, including mentioning them in posts, tweets, etc. If as a support we failed to acknowledge them even once in a year, how different it would be.

I hope and expect to enjoy the death of this poisonous organisation in my lifetime. I would enjoy it all the more if our supporters were the cause of that. So, let's start today. As far as I'm concerned, it now doesn't exist.