Rangers dominates Scottish Fitba' and gets humped in Europe......avalanche of invective from media outlets.

Rasellik dominates Scottish Fitba' and gets humped in Europe.......excuses masquerading as 'context' and 'explanation' from media outlets.

I remember us getting slaughtered for drawing 0-0 with Barcelona!

Was at the Barcelona v Olympiakos game on Wednesday night and Collum was the ref. Watching his performance has made me realise he isn't anti-Rangers, he's just a shite ref !
Hes honest thats why the yahoos hate him.

He is as you say shite.

Edited by the gunslinger

The Champions League. An annual parade of a small group of elite clubs growing ever-fatter and ever-more-distant from the rest of football. These are supplemented by a few sacrificial makeweights like Celtic, who are allowed to keep their financial heads above water in return for making up the numbers and lending a morsel of credibility to UEFA's closed shop tournament.

I hardly ever watch the Champions League manicured showpiece any more. It's drowning in hype and is the absolute antithesis of a fair and open competition. An organisation that bore any pretence at developing the game would ensure far less concentration of wealth among the elite clubs and much wider access and participation. Why do the "big" countries get so many CL entrants, why are there so few CL teams from the "lesser" leagues across Europe? UEFA is strangling football to create a marketable money tree. I despise it.

Nobody has considered we could take the money and interest away from them. Creating a new and fairer Atlantic league with teams who are fairly matched.

They would come from several big and smaller European countries. The more competitive format would generate competition and interest in a more exiting competition.

It can be done, it just needs an appetite for it, and a realisation that it’s achievable.

It will never be enough simply to create an alternative competition. The problems stem from the deliberate concentration of money into the hands of a very few clubs in Europe and that money comes from selling TV rights across the world. So long as EUFA focusses its efforts on maximising TV revenues, it will continue to promote the Champions League to the exclusion of all else. You can set up as many other parallel competitions as you like but none of them will have access to any meaningful income stream.

In fact, the more the elite clubs spend to maintain their places at the trough, the less room there will ever be for change. The Champions League is strangling the sport we love and alienating huge club fanbases all over Europe.

My other objection is that the Champions League has simply become as boring as hell.

Yeah Bill, but they are not daft. This year they have increased the money, to £400k, to be shared by Scottish clubs because of Celtic's participation in last year's CL.

If it came to a vote for change how many smaller clubs here, and in other countries, would vote against that kind of money?

I remember us getting slaughtered for drawing 0-0 with Barcelona!

We were accused by Barcelona of playing 'anti-football'.

Frank Rijkaard, some years before, while Barcelona Manager, had coined this expression to describe the tactics and play of none other than fhilthfc,

"rasellik way" notwithstanding.