Pedro Press Conference

I agree with Pedro re: four pillars and was going to comment with, 'its attitudes like this that has left Scottish football without a recognised world class player in over 30 years and inability to qualify for a international tournament in 20 odd years', on that twitter discussion you had the other day with the fella who said Rangers should retaliate on the field.

I've got to be honest here Frankie he lost me a bit in his explanation with regards to the players. I got most of it but as I say he lost me a bit through it.

As much as his English is pretty good, I think he does still struggle to put over the finer points now and again.

Basically, I think he called into question their mentality and he's quite right to do so.

I was really hoping he would make a comment about our players being protected. Are we now relying on Brendan F*cking Rodgers having to highlight the disgraceful treatment of our players by the referees?

Rodgers is making sure that Motherwell don’t play that way in the final. He’s just heaping pressure on the officials and playing mind games with Motherwell.

I was really hoping he would make a comment about our players being protected. Are we now relying on Brendan F*cking Rodgers having to highlight the disgraceful treatment of our players by the referees?

I think he did make that point...just in a nice, less blunt way - around the 12min mark...

As much as his English is pretty good, I think he does still struggle to put over the finer points now and again.

Basically, I think he called into question their mentality and he's quite right to do so.

What I thought he was saying was... its not enough to simply be at Rangers! Sure that's great as we are a massive club but that shouldn't be the end of it. Which to my mind suggested the players were simply content to be at a big club. He seemed to be saying that in itself was their sense of achievement and that they lacked further the drive and ambition to achieve higher goals and be champions at a big club.

Edited by Big Jaws

What I thought he was saying was... its not enough to simply be at Rangers! Sure that's great as we are a massive club but that shouldn't be the end of it. Which to my mind suggested the players were simply content to be at a big club. He seemed to be saying that in itself was their sense of achievement and that they lacked further the drive and ambition to achieve higher goals and be champions at a big club.

Yep, he definitely hinted at that as well which is also fair comment. Not enough players want to push themselves for more.

Agree that was a key part of it. Apart from Alves we don’t have players at our club who have won much or indeed anything. He seems to be asking them for more help to become winners as he doesn’t have a big squad to call on.

He is in the last chance saloon and knows it and he’s not exactly got the Earp gang at his back. A few Billy the Kid wannabes lurking in the corner of the bar in a corrupt town run by Mayor Regan which makes Dodge City look like the centre of the enlightenment.