Confirmed: Pedro Sacked

He is passed it. We want someone who can get Rangers playing football in a less than competitive league. Its not that difficult.

I don't think he's past it at all. He just did well at in an EPL job and is one of the favourites to be the new Everton manager.

The main obstacle is he usually commands millions more than we're likely to pay.

Barry Ferguson's take:

"has to be someone who know Rangers inside out" and the size and "expectations of the club". I'm sure Pedro knew and knows the size and expectations. As for knowing it inside out - no-one knew it better than Greig. ...though McCoist knew it almost as well.

Does he think before he speaks? Actually, can he think? He repeatedly says he's speaking just as a fan (as opposed to what - an applicant?) - and he's talking to the BBC. Some fan.

EDIT: And Boyd: ""There's a series of outstanding candidates, Billy Davies, Derek McInnes and Alex McLeish have been mentioned. Without stating the obvious, it has to be someone who knows the club and can get results week in week out." "Must have the club in their DNA) (Again, Kris - like Greig, like Ally? -

It's all about trying to get a job for a mate.

Why does anybody read what either one prints?

The young manager of Utrecht Erik ten Hag will be a top trainer in the future and maybe worth a punt. Henk ten Cate has a lot of experience with top clubs. Bert van Marwijk a no brainer I would get him tomorrow but probably not enough money. Gertjan Verbeek would certainly have us a lot fitter than we are but has not been a great success of late. Fred Rutten. Either Rutten or Verbeek will be taking over FC Twenthe if the DOF Jan ter Halst lets them manage the team without his interference. Danny Blind would probably jump at a chance like Rangers. Blind + Numan? I have a soft spot for Ron Jans he had a lot of success with PEC Zwolle with hardly any budget and John van Schip is doing great with PEC at the moment although he is far too inexperienced for a club like Rangers. No chance GIO would leave Feynoord so not worth mentioning That is about it It for me I think.

As I said in another thread I will be shocked if Koeman is not named as the Dutch coach in the near future.

PS I forgot De Boer and I think Rangers will go for him.

De Boer's just failed miserably in two jobs and I'm honestly not sure how he'd do with us, if we could even get him. I'd have him every day of the week ahead of Big Eck, McInnes etc tho.

De Boer's just failed miserably in two jobs and I'm honestly not sure how he'd do with us, if we could even get him. I'd have him every day of the week ahead of Big Eck, McInnes etc tho.

Do Boer does not fill me with confidence, he did not inspire. I'm sorry but if Big Eck will take it on a temporary basis then go for him.

NO NO NO!!!!!!!

We would be as well getting Ally back.

I'm saying give him the rest of the season with a limited budget, if he fails then get rid, if he wins the league then give him a long term contract :)