Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

The board would have to be certifiably collectively insane to consider Davies! He would be a very very bad choice. People were highlighting Pedros paranoia ffs. Billy Davies takes that to a whole new level!

Davies would be an extremely lacklustre appointment but he has proven himself at a higher level than McInnes and most of the other favourites. That said, it would be absolutely ridiculous to appoint him considering he hasn't even been in management since 2014, which ended badly.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Davies would be an extremely lacklustre appointment but he has proven himself at a higher level than McInnes and most of the other favourites. That said, it would be absolutely ridiculous to appoint him considering he hasn't even been in management since 2014, which ended badly.
Who do you want?

Neil Lennon's done well at Hibs

they beat us at Ibrox and Hearts last week. he's ok but not a good enough manager for us

however if he was I'd have no problem with it

Do you ever chat to people at the match about this sort of rubbish?

If so please tell us about how you get on.

The general consensus in the press is that McInnes will be named on Monday already. Seemingly everything was agreed Friday.

That would fit in with RBR's statement.

That'll give the Sheep dosh to spend in January, then.

Kevin T: the exception = an ex-player from Scotland who can think:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/rangers/kevin-thomson-now-may-not-be-the-time-for-mcinnes-at-rangers-1-4598718

I am sorry it hasn’t worked out for Pedro Caixinha. He invited me for an interview in March when he was looking for a 
No 3. I was with him for two hours and I enjoyed it.

He is a gentleman and he spoke well about football. I was disappointed not to get the opportunity to go back to Ibrox but I certainly wasn’t 
bitter.

I do not have a bad word to say about him. When he phoned me to say he was going to go with Jonatan Johansson he said I was welcome back any time, he just felt at this time JJ was the right man for the job – I respected that.

He had some good ideas. But good ideas at Rangers are only appreciated on the back of winning games of football week in, week out.

The club needs to get the next appointment right, that’s for sure. I was more open to the idea of Pedro than many people. As a country we are sometimes a bit sceptical about foreign coaches. I like how they bring different ideas, a different perspective to football.

We can sometimes be a bit stuck in our ways. But the results, sadly, have not warranted him staying in a job. I did say at the time of Pedro’s arrvial that the appointment had to be right. That applies even more so now it’s come to appointing his 
successor. Derek McInnes has done a good job at Aberdeen.

I am particularly interested in young coaches developing to become good managers because that is the path I’d like to take. But you have to be realistic – the Aberdeen team have had it their own way and have been almost unchallenged in second place in recent years.

Would Derek be up for it? Of course he would. Any coach would like to manage Rangers – it is one of the biggest clubs in the world. I just think with some of the coaches out there, and some of the CVs that will be sent in, Rangers need to think big. I know Derek would back himself against any of these names. But it has to be right this time and I am not sure Derek’s the one at the moment.

Rangers are not going to win the league this year. No Rangers fan will realistically feel they can. So there is no rush. Graeme Murty was in charge for six games last time and did a sound job. If the right name presents itself then great, get him in. If he not then sit tight and have a good discussion.

Rangers also have someone who is held in high regard in Walter Smith. Ask his opinion. Ask what he thinks is needed to help get the club back on track. When you have someone like that, not to use his knowledge is criminal. If they did seek his feedback before appointing Pedro, fair enough. But I saw Walter soon after that appointment and I asked him what he thought – he answered he had not really met him. He had to introduce himself, which I found strange.

Unlike some of my former Ibrox team-mates, I don’t think the next manager must be a “Rangers man”. But I think he has to be a winner. Some of the names touted around already, like Ronald Koeman and even Patrick Vieira, clearly have that mentality, even if Koeman has had a difficult spell at Everton. Why not consider these types of names?

I’ve always said I’d like to work at the club again in some coaching capacity – I had four great years there. I’d go back at the drop of a hat. But I would want to go back to make a 
difference and not just make up the numbers. The fact people such as 
Charlie Adam have been motivated to send me a message saying I’m highly thought of among the fans and deserve a role at the club is special, and a mark of how hard I’ve worked at my football academy over the last year.

Who ever we get will be ridiculed by the press and rangers fans will fall for it in droves.

only really if they talk absolute bullshit at press conferences

murty was like a breath of fresh air yesterday

no nonsense, humble, straight forward