Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Regardless who the new manager will be, as we don't get a say in it, let's hope he gets financial backing from the board,again!, to strengthen the team to put a serious challenge in for the remainder of the season.

We as fans deserve to see a team challenging again,soon!.

What is it fans are expecting from McInnes, if indeed he is appointed? I keep hearing "safe pair of hands", but what is that?

I'm not sure McInnes is the one to close the gap on them. (I might just do a Pete and start calling him a dud now! :D)

What is it fans are expecting from McInnes, if indeed he is appointed? I keep hearing "safe pair of hands", but what is that?

I'm not sure McInnes is the one to close the gap on them. (I might just do a Pete and start calling him a dud now! :D)

Well look at Aberdeens league finishes pre and post McInnes taking over:

season 9-10 to 12-13 best was 8th

McInnes took over end of 12-13 then;

13-14 - 3rd

14-15, 15-16 and 16-17 - 2nd.

Thats a bloody good record.

Also 3 cup finals out of a possible 8 is pretty damn good also.

Btw i'm not saying he is the best choice but you cant argue against the guys record in Scotland.

McInnes's Assistant, I believe for some years.

He sounds more like an SFA Compliance Officer than a member of Rangers' coaching staff.

Having the SFA Compliance Officer on our coaching staff must be an advantage :)

I don’t think many would argue against the fact that McInnes probably improves us. But for me I don’t think he improves us enough to challenge Celtic. I’ll be happy to give him my support if we do go for him. I just think we should be going for the best candidate and for me that’s MPH