Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

I really hope this goes well for Murty and the fans don't get on his back if the team reverts to type shown for the last few years with some spineless performances.

The majority probably will show him reasonable leeway but enough won't, will be loud about their unhappiness and will be where attention will be directed.

Jeze so depressing we didn't get McInness and now awaiting failure in next game pessimists galore.

You've followed our results over the last few years right?

I don't think its being pessimistic at all. When was the last time we won't three on the trot? I'm as optimistic as I've been in a long time that we'll do it and go on a run, but I'm just saying if we don't, we shouldn't forget these aren't Murty's players.

Jeze so depressing we didn't get McInness and now awaiting failure in next game pessimists galore.

If it wasn't bad enough, you have who I've read is the most reliable ITK poster on FF, 'Derek5287' saying.............

"Mark Allen has done nothing since he came through the door. People will see through him quick enough. Another picking up a wage from our club for doing absolutely nothing."

Thanks for that,I have not just followed results over period you stated,but been there watching,many highs and lows,as there has been since I started following in early sixties.

Through it all I have always been a "glass half full"type and will continue to be so.

Following Rangers has cost me a lot in all these years and the good times WILL:cheers::rfc: be back

What do you think of Erik ten Hag, Pete? Seems to be highly rated, worked with Pep at Bayern Munich and appears to have done a good job at Utrecht?

He is well respected in the Dutch media and along with John van der Schip thought to be the next Generation of good Dutch managers. Utrecht is never going to be a champion winning team though so he cannot be judged on that account. Is he right for rangers. If we want a young in-experienced manager with a good reputation to build on.

He certainly has more experience than Neil MCann or the boy at St Mirren who have been named as candidates.

Will he leave Utrecht for Rangers is another Question. They also have a chance to be in Europe next season. I think the Ajax manager will be sacked soon so he may hang around for that gig. I think Koeman will be the Dutch manager as I said in another post and I doubt Ajax want de Boer back as he would clash with Erwin van der Sar Dennis Bergkamp and Marc Overmars the Technical managers. Ten Hag would probably be a candidate for that job.

The last bit is speculation and Marcel Keizer may survive at Ajax as he is a puppet for Bergkamp and Overmaars. Van der Sar was against the managerial choice. It depends on results the same as ever.