Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Couple of things....

Mark Allen - any time he’s mentioned on a forum, someone brings up that they’ve heard bad things about him and how his time is limited, but never seems to give details. Is that just another one of those rumours which only exists because one person has heard something, posts it up and it then becomes the truth because it gets repeated by other people on other forums, social media, in the pub etc before going full circle and being posted again some time later?

That story is clearly all about him getting his version of events out there and you could also read bits as a bit of a dig at the board.

Murty - I’d love to know what’s gone on behind the scenes with this as I thought he was never interested in the job, so while it’s great he’s stepped up, I really do think he’s been hung out to dry by the board. He’s a youth coach ffs. Surely they could have found someone to manage us to the end of the season who would have more experience of a top club, be it at Rangers or somewhere else?

Which kind of leads me to the next point... Just how bad are our board? And how culpable have they been in a number of the things which have happened over the last couple of years? Because they seem to be the one constant now, presiding over a series of events which have been handled shambolically as they’ve played out in the press with the club pointing the finger of blame at a number of individuals whilst absolving themselves of any wrongdoing.

Imho there is no way the board would have allowed Mark Allen a platform at GM,s presser if things had fallen apart behind the scenes , if they lose him or he walks they are as well to shut the lights off on their running of the club

Couple of things....

Mark Allen - any time he’s mentioned on a forum, someone brings up that they’ve heard bad things about him and how his time is limited, but never seems to give details. Is that just another one of those rumours which only exists because one person has heard something, posts it up and it then becomes the truth because it gets repeated by other people on other forums, social media, in the pub etc before going full circle and being posted again some time later?

That story is clearly all about him getting his version of events out there and you could also read bits as a bit of a dig at the board.

Murty - I’d love to know what’s gone on behind the scenes with this as I thought he was never interested in the job, so while it’s great he’s stepped up, I really do think he’s been hung out to dry by the board. He’s a youth coach ffs. Surely they could have found someone to manage us to the end of the season who would have more experience of a top club, be it at Rangers or somewhere else?

Which kind of leads me to the next point... Just how bad are our board? And how culpable have they been in a number of the things which have happened over the last couple of years? Because they seem to be the one constant now, presiding over a series of events which have been handled shambolically as they’ve played out in the press with the club pointing the finger of blame at a number of individuals whilst absolving themselves of any wrongdoing.

Murtry said the last time he had no interest but this time he threw his hat in the ring early and said from the beginning he wanted the job permanently.

The more I see of Murty's idea of football, the more I am desparate for a new, proper, experienced, manager to take over NOW, not in the summer. This side have, aside from a spell at Murrayfield, Dolly at home, and for 45 mins v Hamilton at home (which we subsequently lost) played pretty dire football. The results have been mixed, but the football has been consistently awful.

I was speaking to a few of my mates who have been going all over the world for 30-40 years watching Rangers at half time last night, and they are now at the point of shrugging their shoulders and saying they have given up ever hoping it gets better. These are guys who spend thousands a year, going to our friendlies all over the world, never miss a game domestically, and are usually so defensive of criticism of our club, and it really worries me that if guys like this are getting fed up, what chance do we have of maintaining the level of support we have miraculously been able to achieve in recent dismal seasons.

Another full house treated to another poor home performance last night. How long can we continue to expect 50,000 to want to buy tickets and turn up to watch utter dross led by an inexperienced youth coach who looks more lost with each passing game?

The board must now do an about-turn and get a manager in ASAP or this season will end very badly, and renewals for next season will be badly affected.

I wouldn't object to MacLaren at all.

While I'd love us to scoop a managerial genius along the lines of Ferguson when he went to Aberdeen the chances are slim to zero. So I'll settle for competence, which none of the managers since the meltdown have been capable of. MacLaren is no-one's idea of a long term solution but he can organise a team, his contacts will be excellent, players will both want to play for him (those who are here) and come to play for him (those whose careers have lost their way, which is bluntly about all we can look for).

I would be slightly flippant and suggest Murty does the press conferences, though,.

Edited by Germinal