Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Rangers probably checks those list at the moment.

I dont agree with the long term thing unless its the right man, I would have no issues with an impact manager on the short term to start winning games again on a consistent basis. Winning then breeds itself to an extent.

The worst thing about now is outwith Pedros bad results we have lost silly games under Murty where had we actually take just 4-6 out of these games we would be in a title run from nowhere. This should be the season where we show we are on our way back but its not and we have to wait until August again to see.

That's what pisses me off. We have a great chance to stop them at 6 RIGHT NOW!

There doesn't seem to be any sense of urgency to anything King and this board do. Is that my imagination?

Seems like they should have had the share issue lined up and ready to go shortly after the AGM. The chances are it was going to pass this year and that would have given them some much needed funding, even with the loan paybacks.

Few years ago Id have volleyed the Warnock rumour but he has now proven to be a top manager in the Championship. Id have loved him to take over just for 1 year. He has the thick skin needed for the joke media.

Problem being...he takes Cardiff up, he's making mega bucks for a season or two and the chance is gone.

Interestingly, his Cardiff contract expires at the end of the season. Talks have been mentioned on BBC Sport, but no substance.

At 69 years old, I don't see Cardiff tying him down if he doesn't take them up this season, but they'd probably want to keep him as an option for another season. It does give us a chance, and as you say, for a season, he'd be capable of taking us forward.

Meanwhile, in the real world of BBC Scotland , El Chicolito predicts (but not exclusively) that

Jimmy Nicholl will be the new assistant manager of Rangers.

The former Ibrox player, currently number two with Falkirk, will leave his job at the Championship club after Tuesday's game against Dunfermline.

Northern Irishman Nicholl, 61, had an earlier period coaching at Rangers, taking the reserve team under Graeme Souness in the 1980s.

Now he will assist Graeme Murty, who has been assured he will be in charge of Rangers until the end of the season.

Nicholl, who also had a spell as a player at Manchester United and managed Raith Rovers to a Scottish League Cup win in 1994, will also continue to work with Northern Ireland, having assisted their manager Michael O'Neill since 2015.

Falkirk, second bottom of the league, host Queen of the South on Saturday before visiting the Pars on Tuesday.

Rangers visit Celtic on Saturday at lunchtime and will then be on a winter break until the Scottish Cup fourth-round tie away to Fraserburgh on 21 January.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42522424