Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

From FF

From the Record, worrying

Rangers director of football Mark Allen has revealed that he gave the Ibrox board a list of potential managers just TWO DAYS after Pedro Caixinha was axed.

And the Welshman says it was their job to nail down a new gaffer.

When the Gers hierarchy decided to go for Derek McInnes, Allen pursued the Aberdeen boss at their request.

But after being rejected by McInnes, eight weeks later the director of football was informed that Graeme Murty was the preferred candidate - and he was made permanent boss on Friday.

Allen has been criticised for his role in the delay over appointing a replacement for Caixinha.

But the former Manchester City academy boss is adamant that he submitted prospective managers early on in the process.

When asked if he had a list prepared after Caixinha was sacked, Allen said: “Yes, I had a list within two days.

“In an ideal world, you would like it to be something that happens very quickly seamlessly.

“But when you are confronted with different obstacles it’s not as easy to do those things very quickly.

“My role was to present the potential solutions to the board to make that decision, and for us to pursue them, which we did.

“It’s public knowledge that we pursued it (with McInnes). And we’re now in a position where we’ve just appointed Graeme.

“I play a part in it (appointing a new manager), of course, in terms of presenting to the board.

“I link the football to the boardroom. I have to understand what they’re looking for.

“My role is to identify the different routes they could go down with regards to a manager.

“Whether it’s someone with a Scottish heritage, a traditional name in the game or a young, up and coming coach.”

That interview is called getting your story out first , or in other words , it wasnt my fault honest .

This only proves how ineffectual our board actually are , that after 8 weeks the best they can do is throw the U20 manager under the bus .

The sooner King , murray et all leave the better , we are going absolutely no where with them and they have learned nothing from the past .

We can keep naming names but we have a new manager until the end of the season.

He's a caretaker or interim manager, If Murty stays then fine we;ll have to get on with it. However if an suitable manager should become available, it would be incumbent for this board to consider him, surely?

Edited by aweebluesoandso

Will the Board gamble on giving Allen/Murty money in January, or will it be loan players.

That is two Managers mentioned in the last few posts who would be a vast improvement on Murty. It's time for them to make their mind up, a new Manager and funds in January, or fighting Hibs for 3rd place till the end of the season.