Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

The thought of Lennon's newly promoted Hibs beating us to 3rd place is truly sickening.

The board should never made the Murty announcement. They should be trying to get someone in who can cement 2nd place.

I thought I was being a bit optimistic 3rd or 4th place.

I really can't get myself excited now for the rest of the season with Murty in charge and with most of our players proving they are not good enough.

It looks like another wasted season and not really anything to look forward to, I am usually quite positive about us and hope they prove me wrong but the only positives I see are some good youngsters coming through and I would give more of them a game before some of the so called 'star' players we signed in the summer.

I would love us to get the likes Garry Monk, Paul Clement or even Tony Pulis :) in but as we have committed to Murty it's not going to happen I know :(

I am however looking forward to drinking as much as possible over the next few weeks to drown my sorrows :onetoomany:

Will the Board gamble on giving Allen/Murty money in January, or will it be loan players.

That is two Managers mentioned in the last few posts who would be a vast improvement on Murty. It's time for them to make their mind up, a new Manager and funds in January, or fighting Hibs for 3rd place till the end of the season.

Surely they can't throw good money after bad. The clear inference from recent weeks is the board intends a new manager but either can't find one or can't agree on who it should be. So, once again, the season is effectively over as far as making a serious challenge is concerned - keep the chequebook in the drawer until a permanent manager is found and try to go again next season.

I really can't get myself excited now for the rest of the season with Murty in charge and with most of our players proving they are not good enough.

It looks like another wasted season and not really anything to look forward to, I am usually quite positive about us and hope they prove me wrong but the only positives I see are some good youngsters coming through and I would give more of them a game before some of the so called 'star' players we signed in the summer.

I would love us to get the likes Garry Monk, Paul Clement or even Tony Pulis :) in but as we have committed to Murty it's not going to happen I know :(

I am however looking forward to drinking as much as possible over the next few weeks to drown my sorrows :onetoomany:

*When you see Pulis' name*

giphy.gif

Edited by Rousseau

The thought of Lennon's newly promoted Hibs beating us to 3rd place is truly sickening.

The board should never made the Murty announcement. They should be trying to get someone in who can cement 2nd place.

The league is gone this season. All we have is the SC and to finish high enough in the league for a EL place.

Should the board not be appointing a new manager & allow him to prepare for next season between now and the end of this season ?

Edited by RANGERRAB

The league is gone this season. All we have is the SC and to finish high enough in the league for a EL place.

Should the board not be appointing a new manager & allow him to prepare for next season between now and the end of this season ?

You have to wonder what half decent manager would take the job.

Not if he keeps losing.

I think you are wrong and they will then have to sack him. He is not Interim anymore he has stated he has a fixed time.

Has Murty not signed a contract and have a say on players coming in and out in January? surely they wouldn't give him that as interim.