Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

No thanks !

Better to go no-where on the cheap, rather than pay over the odds for it.

Article headline writer uses ".....keen on coaching role in England"

Article...."... keen to pursue coaching opportunities in the United Kingdom."

Anything even remotely professional is better than Murty.

At first felt no ill will towards murty but as each day goes by his complete ineptitude makes his decision to accept the job selfish and two fingers up to those that pay to facilitate. Plus his comments today make me even angrier.

Anything even remotely professional is better than Murty.

At first felt no ill will towards murty but as each day goes by his complete ineptitude makes his decision to accept the job selfish and two fingers up to those that pay to facilitate. Plus his comments today make me even angrier.

IMO you are being unfair to Murty.

The growing omnishambles that has been the club since April 2016 and those who have oversaw it are where anger would be better directed. Murty is a guy who because of circumstances was offered the job and he's decided to take the opportunity.

The main issue is the 'omnishambles' + strength of rivals + unrealistic expectations relative to backing........that make this a next to impossible ask.

The board must now do an about-turn and get a manager in ASAP or this season will end very badly, and renewals for next season will be badly affected.

Could actually be a ploy by the board to wait until nearer renewal time before appointing.

If we appointed a manager in around March (even for next season) it wouldnt be the worst timing, it gives the new guy 6 competitive games or so to look at what he has rather than come in pre season and do guess work.

The McLaren talk scares me a bit, I just dont think he has the strong personality needed to deal with the gold fish bowl or media pressure he will get.

IMO you are being unfair to Murty.

The growing omnishambles that has been the club since April 2016 and those who have oversaw it are where anger would be better directed. Murty is a guy who because of circumstances was offered the job and he's decided to take the opportunity.

The main issue is the 'omnishambles' + strength of rivals + unrealistic expectations relative to backing........that make this a next to impossible ask.

unless the board are picking the team formation and subs those parts are all his own choices. 83rd minute before he makes a sub last night. Terrible decision, most of the team were dead on their feet and he just stood watching. Also his comments today really annoy me.

but your right hes a consequence of bad decisions not the fault though taking the position when he admits hes not ready is selfish.

Lets see how Saturday goes. A hammering and the board and Murty should know exactly what the feeling is.

Edited by trublusince1982

unless the board are picking the team formation and subs those parts are all his own choices. 83rd minute before he makes a sub last night. Terrible decision, most of the team were dead on their feet and he just stood watching. Also his comments today really annoy me.

but your right hes a consequence of bad decisions not the fault though taking the position when he admits hes not ready is selfish.

Lets see how Saturday goes. A hammering and the board and Murty should know exactly what the feeling is.

You don't know how that conversation between GM and the board went wrt taking the role up until the end of the season.

Personally, I think the board needed him to say yes.

I'm not defending GM in the sense I think he's the right man for the job, I don't. The whole club is an ongoing clusterf**k that instead of trying to put a lid on around the time of the AGM, so as to build afresh on various fronts,....the board thought, more of pretty much the same would be ok.

Until the board start to get their act together in various ways, we'll go no-where, with Murty or Mr.X.

Note that the apparent quality of a prospective Mr.X in the current circumstances will not be at a level that will install confidence.

You don't know how that conversation between GM and the board went wrt taking the role up until the end of the season.

Personally, I think the board needed him to say yes.

I'm not defending GM in the sense I think he's the right man for the job, I don't. The whole club is an ongoing clusterf**k that instead of trying to put a lid on around the time of the AGM, so as to build afresh on various fronts,....the board thought, more of pretty much the same would be ok.

Until the board start to get their act together in various ways, we'll go no-where, with Murty or Mr.X.

Note that the apparent quality of a prospective Mr.X in the current circumstances will not be at a level that will install confidence.

its of no doubt the board are at fault and near on every issue the club faces is a consequence of their actions, but people still need to take responsibility for their own actions, the manager especially.

To cut murty some slack is to give the decision by the board validation, as no other manager would be given such leeway.

its of no doubt the board are at fault and near on every issue the club faces is a consequence of their actions, but people still need to take responsibility for their own actions, the manager especially.

To cut murty some slack is to give the decision by the board validation, as no other manager would be given such leeway.

So, Murty rejects the offer of being manager. The Board appear to have no viable alternative as manager otherwise such person would have been appointed. Rangers are then managerless and are slaughtered in the press and on media for not appointing a manager. They then have to make an appointment to prevent this and thus end up appointing someone on the hoof and who long term they did not originally consider as being good enough.

The decision with Murty is a holding position; if he does well fine; if he does not then it gives the Board more time to look for longer term prospects. This is done in the context that the Board probably believe the title is beyond us this year because the team simply is not good enough but they want to qualify for Europe which they consider is achieaveable with Murty.