Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

So, Murty rejects the offer of being manager. The Board appear to have no viable alternative as manager otherwise such person would have been appointed. Rangers are then managerless and are slaughtered in the press and on media for not appointing a manager. They then have to make an appointment to prevent this and thus end up appointing someone on the hoof and who long term they did not originally consider as being good enough.

The decision with Murty is a holding position; if he does well fine; if he does not then it gives the Board more time to look for longer term prospects. This is done in the context that the Board probably believe the title is beyond us this year because the team simply is not good enough but they want to qualify for Europe which they consider is achieaveable with Murty.

I have to say this is a very objective and balanced post. I agree with it 100%. Murty holds the fort for now. The team and situation is a mess right enough. Appointing a new manager off the cuff benefited nobody after McInnes declined. We should be getting behind GM till the end of the season. It is what it is right now.

Edited by cooponthewing

So, Murty rejects the offer of being manager. The Board appear to have no viable alternative as manager otherwise such person would have been appointed. Rangers are then managerless and are slaughtered in the press and on media for not appointing a manager. They then have to make an appointment to prevent this and thus end up appointing someone on the hoof and who long term they did not originally consider as being good enough.

The decision with Murty is a holding position; if he does well fine; if he does not then it gives the Board more time to look for longer term prospects. This is done in the context that the Board probably believe the title is beyond us this year because the team simply is not good enough but they want to qualify for Europe which they consider is achieaveable with Murty.

That's just one possible scenario from an unlimited amount. Could easily have signed monk four days later.

All ifs buts and maybes. Murty is responsible for his actions nobodyelse

That's just one possible scenario from an unlimited amount. Could easily have signed monk four days later.

All ifs buts and maybes. Murty is responsible for his actions nobodyelse

There is no 'easy' about that your scenario.

Edited by buster.

If it was played as a game of football I could agree but it was a war of attrition,us trying to play football and Well out to bully us off the park,not surprising so many tired and bruised players.

That's no excuse....our players should be training harder, longer & more intensly than everyone else.

The amount of managers being appointed so quickly recently asks the question what exactly are we doing (or was we doing until appointing Murty).

Swansea just appointed Carvalhal - had two good seasons with the owls but stumbled this season.

Middlesboro - appointed Pulis - they didnt wait.

Sheff Wed - In talks with McLaren.

West Ham - Took Moyes on straight away.

West Brom - Didnt waste any time on Pardew.

These clubs just went for it and I think only Swansea were the team who didnt have a plan in place as Carvalhal was still in the Sheff Wed job when Clement was sacked. But it looks like Boro saw Pulis availability and fancied his record more than trust in Monk.

Not saying any of the managers there would have been a good choice but point being the clubs knew what they were doing.

The amount of managers being appointed so quickly recently asks the question what exactly are we doing (or was we doing until appointing Murty).

Swansea just appointed Carvalhal - had two good seasons with the owls but stumbled this season.

Middlesboro - appointed Pulis - they didnt wait.

Sheff Wed - In talks with McLaren.

West Ham - Took Moyes on straight away.

West Brom - Didnt waste any time on Pardew.

These clubs just went for it and I think only Swansea were the team who didnt have a plan in place as Carvalhal was still in the Sheff Wed job when Clement was sacked. But it looks like Boro saw Pulis availability and fancied his record more than trust in Monk.

Not saying any of the managers there would have been a good choice but point being the clubs knew what they were doing.

I disagree. Those clubs don't know what they are doing, they just appoint on what is available to them. Might work out, might not. Have any of them made appointments that make sense in terms of their footballing philosophy ?

We should still be able to secure 3rd with Murty, so no hurry. My concern is giving him funds in January, if he isn't going to be the long term appointment....

I disagree. Those clubs don't know what they are doing, they just appoint on what is available to them. Might work out, might not. Have any of them made appointments that make sense in terms of their footballing philosophy ?

We should still be able to secure 3rd with Murty, so no hurry. My concern is giving him funds in January, if he isn't going to be the long term appointment....

Of course they knew what they were doing, firstly they knew they needed a change as the previous manager wasnt working out, they couldnt possibly sack the manager if they didnt know what they were doing. They all knew change was needed. The next step is where the question is and Boro, West Ham and West brom all knew exactly what they were doing and who they were going to appoint. It wasnt a case of just taking who was available at all with those 3. Pardew is close with WBA chairman, Moyes has always been on the two Davids wishlist and Boro knew Pulis has better experience than Monk after his Stoke days.