Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Not for me.

im sure if approached he will do what mclean and ferguson did after greigs sacking and refuse the position.

I'm not so sure that he would turn it down. It could be that this will be the only time that he is ever offered the Rangers job so 'accept now or forever hold your peace'! I just cannot see the board going any other route but a 'safe pair of hands', none of this foreign adventure nonsense! Time will tell and no matter who is appointed, he will have my full backing and support to turn things around and get us going in the right direction again.

Not for me.

im sure if approached he will do what mclean and ferguson did after greigs sacking and refuse the position.

Not a chance. You are buying into the BBC (Derek Ferguson) fuelled lie that Derek McInnes is not a Rangers man.

Trust me McInnes would absolutely jump at the chance. I could be wrong but I believe his family still stay in Glasgow.

He needs to shave that horrific beard though!

I like Derek he's a good lad and he's definitely a bear regardless of what Ferguson says. He might be able to stabilize the ship for a bit but I don't think he could its different at Rangers than it is at Aberdeen, which is an easy ride in comparison, so with that said I do not want him as the Rangers manager. We keep being told that his team is the 2nd best in the country and that they are more than capable of beating the league leaders but thats 7 games between this season and last where he hasn't laid a glove on them. If he cant do it in 7 attempts with much less pressure than he would be under at Rangers the chances of it happening are slim. Thanks but... No thanks!

I'd be surprised if McInnes turned it down if offered. It may be he doesn't get the chance again.

I've seen a compensation figure quoted of £1.5m for McInnes. Not sure it would be wise to pay that much which would be better spent on the first team squad in my opinion.

I love how the Scottish media are convinced that we can't afford to pay compensation.

They do realise they said the same all summer as we were paying decent money for players.

The more I think about it - McInnes is the logical choice and in turn you would imagine it would weaken Aberdeen.

Leave Docherty up there though please.

I love how the Scottish media are convinced that we can't afford to pay compensation.

They do realise they said the same all summer as we were paying decent money for players.

Technically they are correct, we can't really afford it right now, but they point they keep missing is, we know a man (or quite a few) who can (and they will get their money back in shares pretty soon).