Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

While McInnes is probably one of the safest choices, he's got to be one of the least exciting and expectations will be runners up in the domestic competitions for some time to come.

That's all safe can get really get us right now.

I've seen a compensation figure quoted of £1.5m for McInnes. Not sure it would be wise to pay that much which would be better spent on the first team squad in my opinion.

As Celtic fans if the money spent on Rodgers was worth it compared to the cheaper options about.

I'm not convinced we should be spending that kind of cash on McInnes (and his contract may have certain clauses so we don't) but that doesn't mean we don't spend it (or more) on someone else.

Tommy Wright is probably the safest choice tbh. His returns, league position, on the budget he's had are very consistent, he knows the game here inside out, he has excellent man management skills (he can get something out of MOH so he must have) and he wont break the bank with exorbitant compensation claims. I wouldnt be over the moon with Tommy at the helm but I'd be slightly happier if it was him over McIness.

Tommy Wright is probably the safest choice tbh. His returns, league position, on the budget he's had are very consistent, he knows the game here inside out, he has excellent man management skills (he can get something out of MOH so he must have) and he wont break the bank with exorbitant compensation claims. I wouldnt be over the moon with Tommy at the helm but I'd be slightly happier if it was him over McIness.

Guys that do well at smaller clubs on tight budgets are sometimes lost at bigger clubs when they get some money to spend. Also the expectations, Wright can lose three games in a row at St Johnstone, not at Rangers.

Of course it's going to be Derek McInnes. The only thing that will change that outcome is if the board spins him some transparent bullshit and he declines the offer.

Where else can Rangers go right now? Certainly not some of the more exotic ideas being wafted by some. It won't be De Boer, Laudrup or Sam Allardyce. It won't (thank God) be Alex Neil or David Moyes. It won't be Alex McLeish and it won't be Walter Smith rolling around the technical area in his mobility wheelchair. As for talk of halfwits like Barry Ferguson! Sometimes the best plan is simply to go for the obvious choice and we now know we should have done that last time.

While nothing comes with guarantees in the world of football, I think Derek McInnes has more of the required credentials than the other options being fielded and has every chance of being the man who turns this around. Personally, I see it as a huge mistake if he isn't carried shoulder high into the managers office post haste.

Of course it's going to be Derek McInnes. The only thing that will change that outcome is if the board spins him some transparent bullshit and he declines the offer.

Where else can Rangers go right now? Certainly not some of the more exotic ideas being wafted by some. It won't be De Boer, Laudrup or Sam Allardyce. It won't (thank God) be Alex Neil or David Moyes. It won't be Alex McLeish and it won't be Walter Smith rolling around the technical area in his mobility wheelchair. As for talk of halfwits like Barry Ferguson! Sometimes the best plan is simply to go for the obvious choice and we now know we should have done that last time.

While nothing comes with guarantees in the world of football, I think Derek McInnes has more of the required credentials than the other options being fielded and has every chance of being the man who turns this around. Personally, I see it as a huge mistake if he isn't carried shoulder high into the managers office post haste.

I should rather that, as is customary, the Triumph came after victory, rather than precede it, which is asking for trouble.

Is he and his entourage worth compen north of £1M? (This seems to be the generally understood rate.)

Guys that do well at smaller clubs on tight budgets are sometimes lost at bigger clubs when they get some money to spend. Also the expectations, Wright can lose three games in a row at St Johnstone, not at Rangers.

Oh aye I absolutely agree and the same can also be said for supposedly good managers too. I mean Pep didn't have a great showing last year at Man City by all accounts did he? None of it is an absolute certainty although some managers do come with a higher degree of accuracy for success.

Given what Aberdeen did regarding McLean, does anyone think they'll let McInnes depart to us for some ridiculous sum, if at all? Not that his pedigree is awe-inspiring ... or grander than PC's.

In any case, given that the Board acted as they did, you would assume that they have spread their sensors out and checked possible candidates and their availability. More recently, Bayern sent Ancelotti packing (who by comparison did sure not worse than PC at Ibrox) and they re-hired their old warhorse Jup Heynckes (71) till the end of the season. I wouldn't be surprised if we did something similar and grooming the likes of JJ, Miller and Co. along the way. But who would that be then? Maybe Alex Ferguson, who might attract Michael Moritz to invest in the club? Well, well ...

Don't know if he still has it but at one time,I have been told from a more than reliable source,McInnes had a room in his house totally decorated and devoted to his time with Rangers.If this is still the case he is the man for us.