Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

I can always remember back in 1991 whenSouness left for Liverpool, I was dead against Walter Smith taking over. I didn't think he had enough experience to be Rangers manager

I was wrong then. I wonder if we're seeing a similar situation with Murty here?

I can always remember back in 1991 whenSouness left for Liverpool, I was dead against Walter Smith taking over. I didn't think he had enough experience to be Rangers manager

I was wrong then. I wonder if we're seeing a similar situation with Murty here?

I have been thinking the same? If GM continues to win games and is doing well then why not leave him till the end of season? We could reassess then.

And do the Rangers board think it is a good idea to give Aberdeen compensation for McInnes which would effectively be a transfer kitty for whoever succeeded McInnes at Aberdeen?

Looks like a proportion of the sheep would be happy to see the back of him.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-target-derek-mcinnes-sends-11467959.amp

I can't copy and paste - or at least not from my phone - due to embedded tweets. Admin please delete it if is considered too heinous a link.

I dont think aberdeen have bough a player in years.

McLean a few seasons ago. The only Premiership club aside the Scum that actually bought a player.

BTW, Hearts were poor last week and we are somewhat lucky that the fixture list right now is "kind" to us. Partick, Hamilton, and Dundee are sure winable matches (even though Accies drew with Aberdeen yesterday (which might either point to them being good right now, or Aberdeen poor by their standards)). Hence, Murty may accumulate a few wins now, yet, what will be interesting will be the games against Aberdeen at the end of the month (oh the irony, if McInnes is made coach and then loses both). He did well against the Yahoos last time around, but one swallow ...

We shall see.

Edited by der Berliner

McLean a few seasons ago. The only Premiership club aside the Scum that actually bought a player.

BTW, Hearts were poor last week and we are somewhat lucky that the fixture list right now is "kind" to us. Partick, Hamilton, and Dundee are sure winable matches (even though Accies drew with Aberdeen yesterday (which might either point to them being good right now, or Aberdeen poor by their standards)). Hence, Murty may accumulate a few wins now, yet, what will be interesting will be the games against Aberdeen at the end of the month (oh the irony, if McInnes is made coach and then loses both). He did well against the Yahoos last time around, but one swallow ...

We shall see.

That bit worries the beejesus out of me. Just the kind of kick in the proverbials that's been happening to us constantly for 5 years...