Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Per Oddschecker, he has raced in to become 2nd favourite, with Skybet (me-eh) pricing him at 2/1.....

Embarrassingly, not being a betting man, or following foreign football these days, I thought this Per Oddschecker was some Dutch coach I'd never heard of... :facepalm:

A cracker on Kiddyfiddler Street - Rangers want McInnes. Sheep want to line up Wright. St Johnstone are holding everything up. :laugh2:

Probably a rumour he heard from one of the thousands of tax experts on that forum.

I think I like the idea of Gio as manager more than the reality. I'm not sure Dutch is the way to go as they are a bit one-dimensional, and need good technical players which we don't have. One job, for me, is not enough to gauge how good he is as a manager. Then again, he does know what it takes to win leagues, both in Scotland, England, Netherlands and Spain.

I wonder how much money he's had to spend at Feyenoord too? Perhaps Pete can enlighten me?

A big problem with the appointment of GvanB is that he was a cracking player, meaning that he is very likely to find it difficult to work with players below both his own level, and that of the guys with whom he played, with Holland, at Arsenal, at Barcelona, and, yes, at Rangers, too. Mind you, I don't know the standard of his current squad at Feyenoord.

Nonetheless, Gio, Numan and Mols would be a starter for 10, for me.

A big problem with the appointment of GvanB is that he was a cracking player, meaning that he is very likely to find it difficult to work with players below both his own level, and that of the guys with whom he played, with Holland, at Arsenal, at Barcelona, and, yes, at Rangers, too. Mind you, I don't know the standard of his current squad at Feyenoord.

Nonetheless, Gio, Numan and Mols would be a starter for 10, for me.

Particularly if all 3 register as players :D

I sincerely doubt Gio will leave Feynoord for Rangers unless he is sacked. He is under some pressure but I doubt he will be sacked just yet.

Yeah, looked up the table and I think he's done too well to be sacked for being 4 points behind 2nd place Ajax... He is 12 points behind PSV but in a three horse league where you're generally the third most successful club, it's hardly unforgivable the season after you won the championship, when the club haven't done it for 18 years.

If they want to sack him so quickly for that, then they make Rangers fans seem really patient.

However, maybe there's something we don't know - but even then you would expect him to be looking for a reasonably top job in a bigger league with much more funds and a higher standard of player.