Ongoing new manager discussion and speculation

Some of the names being thrown around are wealthy individuals who already don't need to work another day in their lives with the only interest in a footballing job being that it's their passion. And who knows, maybe some such wealthy individual would see the task of raising the fallen giant as an interesting proposition.

I suppose if this is definitely going to come off sooner or later it's best sooner rather than later. We have the international break to give him a week to train with them and get across what he expects of them.

I'd be content with McInnes but I'm not too enthusiastic about it. He'd bring stability, and I think we'd get second, but the football will be brutal.

I'd like a manager that can stay in place for the next 3-4 years -- that's what we need now -- but I really doubt we're winning the league with DM; can we really afford to give them another 3-4 titles?

I'm hoping that he can do more with more money.

Edited by Rousseau

I'd be content with McInnes but I'm not too enthusiastic about it. He'd bring stability, and I think we'd get second, but the football will be brutal.

I'd like a manager that can stay in place for the next 3-4 years -- that's what we need now -- but I really doubt we're winning the league with DM; can we really afford to give them another 3-4 titles?

I'm hoping that he can do more with more money.

Apart from 1 year I’m the championship our football has been brutal for the best part of a decade. But I’d rather be brutal and stop them than play great and win nothing.

The McInnes appointment reminds me of the McLeish appointment.

The man who toppled the “mighty” O’Neill....

But they were both playing a similar style of game, an effective and efficient British game. DM will bring an efficacy and efficiency, but I really can't see his style beating BR's style. Hope I'm wrong. Maybe he can add some flair players like Eck did?