[FT] Hearts 1 - 3 Rangers (Miller 43, 65; Windass 73)

I think this is fair comment.

It's still the case that our players make the wrong decision too often - either when on or off the ball or simple things like celebrating goals.

I wasn't impressed with Windass' indiscipline but it's also worth noting the defensive way Miller celebrated his second goal. I didn't enjoy that at all - especially not from today's captain.

I think we need to cut the players some slack here, very poor seven days for them, losing a semi final then Wednesday's debacle, then losing their manager. Although in KM position the could be well worth some celebrating on it's own. Windass had a poor game imo and i think he knew that, but scoring in spite of that, could have caused his look at me antics.

Up to today a pretty torrid few days, let them enjoy their day, it's what the do from now that counts in my book.

I think we need to cut the players some slack here, very poor seven days for them, losing a semi final then Wednesday's debacle, then losing their manager. Although in KM position the could be well worth some celebrating on it's own. Windass had a poor game imo and i think he knew that, but scoring in spite of that, could have caused his look at me antics.

Up to today a pretty torrid few days, let them enjoy their day, it's what the do from now that counts in my book.

Aside from a few of the more optimistic lads in the PL thread, I doubt many of us genuinely seen a Rangers win today - especially when we went 0-1 down after a fairly decent first 25mins or so.

The Miller equaliser was key just before half-time but our 2nd half performance is worth noting - not for it being startlingly good but just for the fact how hard we worked compared to other games this season and ultimately 3-1 flattered our hosts.

Miller is entitled to some schadenfreude but it was interesting how he ignored both Herrera and Candeias when he scored his second. That will affect what we do from now which is worth discussing.

Maybe a fine is harsh in his circumstances but taking your shirt off has been outlawed for years so he knows it is yellow. If he mistimed a tackle 2 minutes after he would walk leaving the team to fight with 10 men. Just as a show of discipline I would fine him but probably a small amount as a statement it is not acceptable.

Maybe a fine is harsh in his circumstances but taking your shirt off has been outlawed for years so he knows it is yellow. If he mistimed a tackle 2 minutes after he would walk leaving the team to fight with 10 men. Just as a show of discipline I would fine him but probably a small amount as a statement it is not acceptable.

Oh he'll be fined all right mate - don't worry about that.

I don't think you have to worry too much about him making a tackle though... ;)

Aside from a few of the more optimistic lads in the PL thread, I doubt many of us genuinely seen a Rangers win today - especially when we went 0-1 down after a fairly decent first 25mins or so.

The Miller equaliser was key just before half-time but our 2nd half performance is worth noting - not for it being startlingly good but just for the fact how hard we worked compared to other games this season and ultimately 3-1 flattered our hosts.

Miller is entitled to some schadenfreude but it was interesting how he ignored both Herrera and Candeias when he scored his second. That will affect what we do from now which is worth discussing.

I don't think they are ever going to be big pals off the field, but i think they are professional enough to keep their differences in house. My wife is a big Man-U fan and she always reminds me, when i say players don't get on, that Andy Cole and Teddy Sheringham never spoke to each other for several season when they played together, but you would never know that when they played in a match.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

Why did we play so crap under Pedro in the second half? It can't be fitness so was it his tactics or team talk. I have said all along I don't think the players knew what he was on about.

Why did we play so crap under Pedro in the second half? It can't be fitness so was it his tactics or team talk. I have said all along I don't think the players knew what he was on about.

I honestly don't know mate but the players are just as much to blame - if not more - so it's worth remembering that when we criticise the manager.

c'mon tae f... pete

the lad's been getting dog's abuse and scores a vital goal i think he entitled to lose it

especially in front of that travelling support

Edited by jhunter

I honestly don't know mate but the players are just as much to blame - if not more - so it's worth remembering that when we criticise the manager.

Yes you are right I agree with that. The only thing I will say is that a football team with a bad manager is like an orchestra without a conductor. The music is just a noise.

The only thing i can say about the game today is they have made me a very happy bear , watched it on SKY with sound up and listening to our tremendous support usually sound mute on B.T. Any way enjoying my night beer in hand and listening to some of our tunes so bring on the Glasgow Rangers.