[FT] Hearts 1 - 3 Rangers (Miller 43, 65; Windass 73)

Aside from a few of the more optimistic lads in the PL thread, I doubt many of us genuinely seen a Rangers win today - especially when we went 0-1 down after a fairly decent first 25mins or so.

The Miller equaliser was key just before half-time but our 2nd half performance is worth noting - not for it being startlingly good but just for the fact how hard we worked compared to other games this season and ultimately 3-1 flattered our hosts.

Miller is entitled to some schadenfreude but it was interesting how he ignored both Herrera and Candeias when he scored his second. That will affect what we do from now which is worth discussing.

Hearts are awful. I would have expected pedro to win comfortably today and did so with murty.

Motherwell i could see beating us but not hearts.

Yes you are right I agree with that. The only thing I will say is that a football team with a bad manager is like an orchestra without a conductor. The music is just a noise.

Decent enough professionals would know how to play the game even without someone dictating from the sidelines, explaining tactics, or indeed standing in front of them. Once the rhythm is there, the rest is in the notes.

BTW, it is noteworthy that those on here of the negative inclination are usually the ones who give - more often than not unnecessary - verbal pelters to those of a different, more positive opinion. A bit strange that.

Edited by der Berliner

Decent enough professionals would know how to play the game even without someone dictating from the sidelines, explaining tactics, or indeed standing in front of them. Once the rhythm is there, the rest is in the notes.

BTW, it is noteworthy that those on here of the negative inclination are usually the ones who give - more often than not unnecessary - verbal pelters to those of a different, more positive opinion. A bit strange that.

der berliner i admire your indefatigable spirit

who would you like to see as the new manager if no holds were barred?

I totally disagree. Have you ever heard an Orchestra full of professional musicians without a conductor. What would a factory be without managers? A football team with a poor leader will win nothing.

I totally disagree. Have you ever heard an Orchestra full of professional musicians without a conductor. What would a factory be without managers? A football team with a poor leader will win nothing.

You see, we are not talking about people who haven't played football (or music), but folk who've done it for years. It's not like they un-learn how to play a ball, trap it or hit a clever pass if their manager is off the rails for a few weeks. The orchestra still has the concert master / first violin to set the tone.

indefatigable ... that's a nice word I learned today, jhunter. As for the new manager, that's a tricky one. Ralph Hasenhüttl has been doing a sterling job at RB Leipzig with a, by comparison, relatively moderate transfer kitty. Right now, given our circumstances though, I wouldn't mind us going Bayern's route, i.e. bringing in an experienced head and making sure the one who takes over early next summer is the right one. Would, having e.g. Alex Ferguson as a man in the middle and Murty, JJ, Miller and Alves as assistant / player coaches be a route too strange to follow?

Edited by der Berliner

You see, we are not talking about people who haven't played football (or music), but folk who've done it for years. It's not like they un-learn how to play a ball, trap it or hit a clever pass if their manager is off the rails for a few weeks. The orchestra still has the concert master / first violin to set the tone.

indefatigable ... that's a nice word I learned today, jhunter. As for the new manager, that's a tricky one. Ralph Hasenhüttl has been doing a sterling job at RB Leipzig with a, by comparison, relatively moderate transfer kitty. Right now, given our circumstances though, I wouldn't mind us going Bayern's route, i.e. bringing in an experienced head and making sure the one who takes over early next summer is the right one. Would, having e.g. Alex Ferguson as a man in the middle and Murty, JJ, Miller and Alves as assistant / player coaches be a route too strange to follow?

The minute we signed a DOF you could rule out Ferguson or anyone of his ilk.

Der Berliner, musicians without a conductor improvise. Like jazz, which requires intelligence. Not many footballers have much intelligence.

Rangers fans are particularly negative just now because our, usually successful, team have been crap for 6 years. I work with Bears, I am related to Bears - most of us are down in the dumps. Most of us agree Pedro had to go. You seem to continually bang a positive, contented drum but that is not the reality in Scotland. We need yo improve, fast.