[FT] Hearts 1 - 3 Rangers (Miller 43, 65; Windass 73)

Thoughts after the game

We done well getting back into the game and Miller done his talking on the pitch. Fair play.

McCrorie - the guy probably shouldn’t be in our team just yet but he looks like he has potential. We have to accept the odd mistake from him as he learns his trade. He looked terrific though. Stepping up with the ball, the pass to Morelos for the Miller goal, we need more of that. Switch it up. That low drilled pass took out the whole Hearts midfield.

Morelos - His work rate is excellent. His awareness is excellent. His link up play is excellent. And we have to remember he’s already played a full season with Finland! He’ll need a break at some point but just now he is a key player even without a goal for a bit.

Windass - hopefully the goal gives him confidence. Murty was clever taking him off knowing he’d get a good reception.

C Thompson - Another massive decision going against us. Anyone else just expecting this every game?

A good win today and hopefully we sort the managerial situation out soon and can finally go on a decent run

That was a good result today, Hearts weren't in it for the first twenty three minutes then they turned up for a free kick to score. Second half was a turn up for the books, we came out and did what we haven't done for a few games, we competed. A few good performances today, Morelos for his tireless work, McCrorie for his steadfastness, Kenny Miller for being there when we needed him, Declan John, Wilson, Tav, and everyone else for showing some belief today.

Keep it up Rangers.

Funny i thought Hearts were the better team for the first half-hour but we all seem to see that different.

we at least showed decent football for periods but the truth is both teams giving the ball away mid field and mis placed passes was not good watching. I think the past week's events and missing players has to be taken into account. I also think Murty getting a week with them will help and they'll be improved next outing. I think as well that Hearts are so shite they couldn't take advantage of openings (thank you god)

Edited by colinstein

Take it the atmosphere was special today and made it seem like a good game.

We were dreadful. Nothing but running around like headless chickens chasing punts out wide. We had one tactic. Go right and hope a cross connects. Next game will see doubling out on our right and we will be nullified. Christ at one point we had five players on the right wing all chasing one ball including our left mid.

Hearts had a huge gap right through the middle and we couldn't even exploit it. A team who can't adapt to in game play is doomed. We are one dimensional and it's on purpose. It's frighteningly poor.

We will beat dross here but the failure to compete in Europe will kill us in the long run.

The desperation for a quick fix instead of spending the 5 years building something special has left me gutted. Got to say today is a dark day, 3 points ain't going to change anything but give those that can't see further than celtic a wee boost.

Makes me laugh that the exact tactic ally played and championed is now having its praises sang.

Last complaint of the night but how can a player who's agent had a go at the club last week and has court cases pending for assualt be given our armband?any day now Wallace's ban will be lifted too.

One thing the late Pedro Caixinha did get right was to put a team on the park without Kenny Miller. Whatever the ins and outs of his leaking antics, the future cannot include someone of Miller's age. That his form has been atrocious this season simply made the decision that much easier.

While I wish him well, the club comes first and I'll be hugely disappointed if Miller returns today.

Like I clearly said above, Miller should never have been out of the team and I was hugely relieved to see him back in the side. :whistling:

That was better but I'm not sure how much.

Miller played better than usual. The crowd was behind him but that might have been different if he had not scored two.

Windass was still rubbish but it is good to see him get a goal. Maybe this will give him the confidence to start playing better.

Having that entire end at Murrayfield was great. :)