[FT] Hearts 1 - 3 Rangers (Miller 43, 65; Windass 73)

6 doesn't sound too bad until you multiply it up over a season giving 20 points. However, I do think that not all of it was the manager and feel the officials - and the "you are allowed to cheat against Rangers" mentality that referees the CO and press have encouraged have lost us a least a point against Hibs and two against Kilmarnock.

These were a bit outside the manager's control although you could argue that he could have instilled a bit more mental toughness in the players.

So we could have been just three points behind - with the difference just being the Celtic game. That kind of makes it look like Caixinha being sacked mainly for the Progrés and Motherwell games - but maybe with the added background of some of last season's results, falling too much on the wrong side of the marginals in other games, as well as how little we've given against Celtic in three games.

But I'm thinking that once again, Murty is going to make it look like it shouldn't be so hard for our recent managers. Although that also suggests that the players have generally been less than professional.

Edited by calscot

The players might have been a little less than professional is true but in any walk of employment if your managers etc. choose to berate you,divide the working squad, and to do so so publicly it is no surprise that this is what happened.

Training players to a high standard is okay if you can instill belief that you are there to back them up,Pedro had lost the plot at the end.

The players might have been a little less than professional is true but in any walk of employment if your managers etc. choose to berate you,divide the working squad, and to do so so publicly it is no surprise that this is what happened.

Training players to a high standard is okay if you can instill belief that you are there to back them up,Pedro had lost the plot at the end.

Hard to disagree with that.

Does anyone know why Wallace was asked to stay away latterly ? I always thought he was the consummate professional.

it was pretty clear at the end that yes Pedro had lost the plot. He seemed to alienate himself from key members of the squad continually, wit the final straw being guys like Miller, Wallace, Niko... guys who everyone looks up to given their status and careers.

Whether that means that the players were not acting professionally, i don't know. Unless you are in the dressing room, its hard to tell exactly why things went wrong. It wouldn't surprise me to hear that some players were not pulling their weight, or didn't embrace change as much as they could... but as others have said, its the Manager that needs to bridge that gap and make sure the squad is pulling in the right direction.

nice guy or not, Pedro was just unable to do that. my immediate reaction to THAT press conference was 'oh oh, he's hit the nuclear button... he doesn't have any space to move after that as you can only use that move once'

And so it proved.

I think one of the reasons I'm slightly coming round to the idea of McInnes is the way he's turned around his squad from last season. He lost Hayes and McGinn who really were the lynchpins of this team.. he's retained Christie who has been in excellent form and is really developing into a player.... he's invested wisely you to admit. Compare the reaction to Pedro's comments about Aberdeen coming to the end of a cycle. You could see exactly what Pedro meant... And Mcinnes has stuck two fingers up to them and started this season better than the last.

Derek Mccinnes knows the club and says we are deluded and need to accept second by a large margin. He says defeat by cektic is the best we can achieve.In his opinion as he has publicly stated we need to accept our place and get in line. Mccinnes is here to change our mentality not because he agrees with it.

He wouldn't know a rangers man if they jumped up and punched him in the face.

Hopefully DK remains at loggerheads and the rest of the board continue to refuse to pay for DK's short sighted and moronic choices. DK needs to wake up and let go of his buddies from 20 years ago who still have his ear. Nevermind bringing three ex celtic players in. They are coming to alter the Rangers way to to continue it. Man some of our support are blind.

Will DM bring modern tactics. No

Will he bring modern methods. No

Will he bring the ability to challenge celtic with far smaller budgets. No

Will he bring enhanced fitness training. No

Will he bring good passing football. No

Will he bring attacking football. No

Does he like his teams to play on the ground. No.

Is he bringing a winning mentality. No

Will he bring a never say die attitude. No

Really you need to start asking yourself what is it he actually brings? How does DM's mentally match the Rangers way?

It's got nothing to do with pedro personally it's all to do with the fact that as a club we are going down a route that will destroy any hope of being a modern club. He's an expensive failure who will install dead football that only exists here. We will never bridge the income gaps by failing in Europe and we will never succeed in Europe on any level with a Scottish approach to playing.

unhealthy players chasing the ball around like headless chickens with one dimensional tactics relying heavily upon outdated and unwanted Scottish players celtic don't want. That's our new future while having it drummed into us that this is success.

Look at Peter Bosz at Dortmund he is also brought in to change the football style there. The first few games they shocked everyone and won but now the surprise element has gone and they have lost the last 3 games. Once his team get better at playing his system they will improve and start winning again as happened at Ajax. No matter what Bosz will not change his style and he will live or die by it. The Question is. How much time does a manager get and does he have the players to adapt to his system or will they revolt against change as the Rangers players obviously did. Warburton also took everyone by surprise in the beginning but even the teams in the lower division found out how to play against us. If you are going to change a style completely then you have to be given time. In saying that improvement has to be visible and that is where Pedro fell down. Personally I wish Warburton had been given the money Pedro got as I think with better players his basic system was a good one and we would have improved under him with better players. I will say though I have no idea what he was thinking when he signed Garner. He was totally the reverse side of the coin on how Warburton wanted to play.

Edited by pete