You probably don't realise how close you are to the truth in that statement

Are you suggesting that their shaky beach hut may be on the verge of structural collapse Rab? This being the case the mhanky ones would be sold Hampden? Then by default be playing at the National stadium? Maybe I have just perpetrated a spurious rumour......Whoops!

Edited by cooponthewing

It'll be up to Queens Park who they sell to. They are the owners...not the SFA or Glasgow Council. I'd take a football stadium over housing any day. The drawbacks when there's a game on outweigh the pressure on the south side's road infrastructure should even more houses be built

Have they started building it yet ? When does construction begin ?

No, but to get to the stage they have, involves not inconsiderable expenditure, which I don't see them committing, merely to smokescreen some jokery popery with Hampden, or elsewhere.

As far as moving to the Mount is concerned, the local residents would be up in arms, and if properly consulted, would kibosh the idea.

Edited by Uilleam

It's all about money these days.

Not sure they'd make more money at Murrayfield. Especially Scotland home games which don't sell out. And I don't think Murrayfield would come cheap from the SRU.

And don't forget the SFA offices are at Hampden. Where would they move to ?

The prospect of Ibrox being the only suitable football stadium(apart from Hampden) may be too much for some people.

Edited by RANGERRAB

Not sure they'd make more money at Murrayfield. Especially Scotland home games which don't sell out. And I don't think Murrayfield would come cheap from the SRU.

And don't forget the SFA offices are at Hampden. Where would they move to ?

The prospect of Ibrox being the only suitable football stadium(apart from Hampden) may be too much for some people.

I understand it is costing Hearts £300k a game a lease Murrayfield from the SRU. I am guessing that all other costs still need to go on top of that.

Personally i think Murrayfield is a great stadium, although only ever been for rugby.

No, but to get to the stage they have, involves not inconsiderable expenditure, which I don't see them committing, merely to smokescreen some jokery popery with Hampden, or elsewhere.

As far as moving to the Mount is concerned, the local residents would be up in arms, and if properly consulted, would kibosh the idea.

I laughed :D