I doubt we have any spare money from the accounts, but we do have some rich people who are partial to giving us loans - and Club1872 have offered too.

Agreed Re spare cash.

I think I have said this before, and the club are doing some of it with the lotto - but we need to find ways of encouraging rank and file to contribute even small sums regularly to a "transfer kitty". I know that many will disagree with that because they see it as the job of the shareholders to provide the funding outside of the massive funding we as fans already contribute by way of ST monies. However, it clearly wouldn't be mandatory and only those that can a) afford it and b) wish to help out would provide it.

How much is a pint these days - say a fiver for simplicity (even say that is two pints....) - 2 pints less a month and you would a) be healthier and b) would be contributing financially to the Club. If you just take the, say, 200,000 that travelled to Manchester (no Seville calculator there...) who did this (and clearly we have many, many more fans than that) who contributed this monthly amount we would be looking at an additional 1 million per month going into the club.

I completely understand people who would say "I pay enough already" and that is valid enough comment. But when it is not mandatory and would be for the benefit of the club - the club could easily carve any of these contributions into a separate trading bank account - indeed, you could even, if desired, create a separate entity to handle the funds that would then provide funding to the club when needed.

Another thing - my local club here struggles financially - when we register our youth players or when an adult member pays their "dues" (effectively season ticket) there is also a "donation" option which allows you to increase the amount you pay over to the club - so you pay your regular ST money and then the club gets the additional amount as a donation. It would cost the club NOTHING to add this feature to the website and they may very well get some additional donations coming in, all of which could be put to bettering the club. Again, it would be voluntary so you only do it if you wish to do it.

All of the above seem to be very small and cheap ways, individually to us, that could have a drastic impact on the club and its competitiveness. It wouldn't take long of a fiver a month by 200,000 bears to get us competitive again - 2 seasons and a 24 million windfall would be huge.

I also understand that the shareholders would reap the benefits of increased equity value - but we, as fans, would also reap the rewards of having a club that is functioning as intended, competitive as we want and also we could improve the infrastructure with such monies coming in.

I am sure a few on here would do it and we are but a small population of the club's support.

Is there a tax implication for such gifts?

I haven't had to consider UK tax for such a long time....

If done by way of donations directly into the club then they will increase revenue in the club which would result in increased tax. However, it is more than likely that the club will have losses brought forward to cover a chunk of those donations - even if the club paid tax at, say, 25%, it would still be 9 million into the club a year (using the 200,000 a month x a fiver x 75%) - decent amount.

If the Club could create an eligible charity (probably unlikely given the reason for the donations) then individuals would get gift aid credits I think.

I say the above without having done ANY tax research whatsoever - so I am probably miles off track.

However, even if the Club would have to pay tax they would still see more cash at the club - a good thing. And for the individual, even if they get no tax credit - they would be paying from taxed earnings anyway, so the amount of donation would still be the same so they would be no worse off (other than the donation obviously).

I agree with Craig on this, we all rallied round to keep the club alive in the dark days so I am in favor of re-energizing our support again to get us into a strong enough financial position to challenge Celtic sooner rather than later. The job is only half done.

Despite the inconsistency this season the reputed £8M spent in the summer has strengthened our squad since last year and more funds would surely accelerate the process. Securing a new good manager is vitally important of course but we need better players on the park and this costs money, its as simple as that.

Not everyone could afford to donate money and some would have a problem as they expect the Board to cough up more but the bottom line is that we have the most loyal supporters in the World and there would be many, like myself, who would consider pledging an affordable amount each month say.

What about a Rangers Lottery or something similar which could be accessed easily on line by the many bluenoses who are unlucky enough to live their life remote from Ibrox.

As Craig pointed out we had 200,000 + in Manchester so there is a huge reservoir of fans out there to tap into.

Lets all become engaged with positive ideas like this and support our club in the hard times rather than being negative about everything and get back to being one of the best football clubs in the World.

Ideas welcome! WATP

don't know why Morelos would be wondering about his future. JJ brought him in from Finland not Pedro. Candias has been playing well and has slotted into the team.

He's was brought in by pedro after being alerted to the player by JJ. Funnily enough a low level coach doesn't have the station to sign players .

The reason morelos will be unhappy is Kenny miller. A guy who spent weeks castigating the player and telling him he was shite and no where near the needed standard obviously has concerns when this same player is now picking the team and wearing the armband.

The cliques asusual are very strong at rangers and the old boys club is in full swing and control ,unfortunately for them they don't have any money to support their desires and are stuck in limbo trying to get the progressive side of the club to agree to idiotic signings be it at management or player level .