Ross McCrorie.....

Seen McCrorie play a couple of times now, and have to say, I've been impressed with the lad.

First off, he "looks a player".....Tall, fit, athletic and ain't afraid to get stuck in.

Performance wise, I think he's done really well, been thrown in at the deep end a couple of times, but came through.

Given that he's only 19 & he hasn't looked out of place in the team, what does the future hold for him???

I think he's looked very good so far and certainly belied his age and relative lack of experience.

It just goes to show that if a young player does have the quality and correct mentality then loans out to smaller clubs can work. I think McCrorie was a stand out at both Ayr and Dumbarton when on loan (also playing in midfield for Ayr) so those leagues will have helped him physically.

You can tell he's still raw but I think I already prefer him to Cardoso.

I know of at least one of the Academy coaches who described the lad as a "future Rangers captain".

Very, very highly thought of.

And I know the lad appreciated his Ayr experience too - said that he had never had so many bruises after games... so he got more physical opponents out on loan than he was getting playing in the development team. Assists with their expectations physically.

I know of at least one of the Academy coaches who described the lad as a "future Rangers captain".

Very, very highly thought of.

And I know the lad appreciated his Ayr experience too - said that he had never had so many bruises after games... so he got more physical opponents out on loan than he was getting playing in the development team. Assists with their expectations physically.

Feynoord used to have the best academy in Holland but they did not put a Youth team into the Dutch 2nd division. It looks now that clubs whose players played in the 2nd division are bringing their players through more ready than Feynoord whose players play in the youth league. I still say the top teams in Scotland should have teams in the lower divisions learning their trade with the big boys.

He looks VERY assured of his abilities....calm on the ball & does what's needed to be done.

I think he will learn a lot from Alves - similar to Wilson & Weir. Hopefully he stays & learns unlike Danny Wilson, who wasted several years of his career.

What impresses me the most is the composure but also, the ability to win headers against players that both Cardoso and Alves struggled with in the same game. He has decent pace for a centre half and also a good footballing brain which makes up for any disadvantage he has against a faster striker...

He has looked very calm and assured when he has came in. I must admit iv been quite impressed with a number of guys that have been drafted in over the last wee while, I also thought Aiden Wilson and Jaime Barjonas looked pretty good when they came in and iv heard good things about Zak Rudden and Liam Burt. Graham Murty and his team are doing a really good job with these guys.

He has a tendency to jump into a tackle, but that's just his inexperience, which will improve. His ability on the ball, to break lines and passing is impressive -- and those are things that are much harder to teach, IMO. Excellent prospect. I do prefer him to Cardoso too...

Edited by Rousseau