Scotland call ups a 'laughing stock', says Kris Boyd

For me, Boyd is not just wrong, it has a, "I'm going to say stupid things to make my audience like me." feel about it.

To criticise Jack for 3 red cards when 2 are rescinded is just being deliberately and nefariously obtuse. There is no excuse.

Objectively Rangers are at least one of the top 3 or 4 clubs in Scotland, so if a new manager, in a meaningless friendly after crashing out of the WC, is trying some home based players, then surely an eligible guy who plays regularly for us, without being obviously crap, is worth a shout in the squad selection. At the moment the exact same goes for Aberdeen (who have three) - and seeing as that's where we got him from only a few months ago, and Hibs (who have two).

But then, didn't he slag Aberdeen off too? Pretty arrogant for an over-age player playing in a team fighting relegation.

Picking a local player for international friendlies being played in the provinces is a tried and tested way of generating interest and boosting the crowd dB, there maybe more than one reason why Germany do better than Scotland at international level!

Why is it our hackles go up whenever someone makes a mild criticism of a Rangers player? Surely no one believes Boyd now has an agenda against Rangers!

I don't know why people are so critical of Boyd, as someone who is actually playing against these guys he's better qualified to comment than pretty much every other pundit. Plus it's refreshing not to hear the usual platitudes and blandness players usually trot put on these occasions. Jack isn't good enough for international football and his record this season for red cards, whether rescinded or not is really poor. It's a fair criticism. Likewise Shinnie, Boyd's point about where will he play is bang on. One thing Scotland is blessed with currently is decent full backs, Shinnie isn't even the 5th best left back in Scotland, it's a nonsense.

I don't think Boyd is any more qualified than I am to comment on current players Mac. In my opinion he is a lazy selfish bastard who didn't even have the sense to keep himself onside in 8 out of 10 attacks he was involved in. I doubt he has the nous to know what's going on around him during a match. He goes into a coma until the ball is 6 inches from the opposition goal line.

Very few if any of the guys called up are worthy of a Scotland jersey but what's the alternative, keep playing old duds like Fletcher in any attempt to qualify for the next competition ?

I don't think Boyd is any more qualified than I am to comment on current players Mac. In my opinion he is a lazy selfish bastard who didn't even have the sense to keep himself onside in 8 out of 10 attacks he was involved in. I doubt he has the nous to know what's going on around him during a match. He goes into a coma until the ball is 6 inches from the opposition goal line.

Very few if any of the guys called up are worthy of a Scotland jersey but what's the alternative, keep playing old duds like Fletcher in any attempt to qualify for the next competition ?

I have no idea why Fletcher got near the Scottish team. He is not hopeless but also not very good.

Low turn out: Scotland to play Holland in half-empty Pittodrie as Tartan Army stays away from friendly clash.

The inclusion of uncapped Scotland stars including three Aberdeen players to play at their home stadium was thought to have seen a bigger attendance.

SCOTLAND’S international friendly clash with the Netherlands tomorrow is set to be seen by a half-empty crowd.

The home of Aberdeen, Pittodrie, is hosting the fixture tomorrow as both sides experiment with their squads after failing to reach the World Cup.

It is the second consecutive tournament that the Dutch have failed to qualify for and former Rangers and Oranje hero Arthur Numan believes the two teams are not good enough to qualify for tournaments.

It is a new era for the Tartan Army after Malky Mackay took interim charge following Gordon Strachan’s sacking after a failed World Cup bid.

Dons’ stars Kenny McLean, Graeme Shinnie and on loan Celtic midfielder Ryan Christie are all involved in the squad but it has failed to draw a big crowd for the match.

SFA chiefs announced this morning that 11,500 tickets had been sold before later updating the figure to *over 15,000 after forgetting to add the tickets sold by Aberdeen.

With a capacity of 22,000 it means Pittodrie will not be full for the clash with the ex-Gers boss Dick Advocaat’s Dutch side.

It is the first time the Granite city has hosted an international match since Strachan’s first game in charge in a 1-0 win over Estonia in 2013.

The last two times the sides faced each other the Scots lost on both occasions during the 2010 World Cup qualifying campaign.

And despite the likes of Wesley Snejider in the squad who played at Hampden during that campaign, tickets have failed to move.

Despite being priced at £20 and £15 for adults while under 16s could get in for £10 and £5 Pittodrie will stay half-full tomorrow.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1812781/scotland-holland-pittodrie-empty/

So the top goal scorer in the history of the SPL isn't qualified to comment on the players he's faced this season on the park? Okay... Who'd you play for again Boabie?

For me, Boyd is not just wrong, it has a, "I'm going to say stupid things to make my audience like me." feel about it.

To criticise Jack for 3 red cards when 2 are rescinded is just being deliberately and nefariously obtuse. There is no excuse.

Objectively Rangers are at least one of the top 3 or 4 clubs in Scotland, so if a new manager, in a meaningless friendly after crashing out of the WC, is trying some home based players, then surely an eligible guy who plays regularly for us, without being obviously crap, is worth a shout in the squad selection. At the moment the exact same goes for Aberdeen (who have three) - and seeing as that's where we got him from only a few months ago, and Hibs (who have two).

But then, didn't he slag Aberdeen off too? Pretty arrogant for an over-age player playing in a team fighting relegation.

Hasn't Jack had 4 red cards, didn't he get one in pre-season too? Jack deserves criticism for his red card against Kilmarnock, rescinded or not. He was incredibly naive to get involved with Broadfoot, if he's being out-smarted by big Kirk he's not ready for full international matches.

Is it arrogance to voice the opinion that someone might not be good enough for international football just because that person isn't anymore? Where does that leave you and me then! :laugh:

So the top goal scorer in the history of the SPL isn't qualified to comment on the players he's faced this season on the park? Okay... Who'd you play for again Boabie?

I played for 2 junior and one senior team mate.

And my wife could've scored for Rangers with the team mates Boyd had around him.

Top scorer in the SPL or not, if you want to talk about GOOD strikers I could give you at least half a dozen who played for Rangers who were FAR better than Boyd.

I was assuming you were giving a remark on Boyd's article as a whole. Obviously, it could well be that he views several star performers of late like the Legoeater, Mulgrew, Berra and Co. as even worse than those now given a chance to shine ...

I doubt that MacKay is handing caps to Aberdeen players because he is playing in Aberdeen and Scotland wants to raise its status. Same with playing Hibs players in Edinburgh. If a player is deemed good enough, he should play. Supporters - not least of rival clubs - will have all sort of opinions on these chaps, but that should not stop reasonable folk from giving reasonable opinions. I can't say that I have seen Shinnie that often, yet know that he's a solid Scottish pro. That he's essentially a loose cannon in games against us of late (with lots of refereeing freedom) is another matter. McLean is equally solid and Jack does an admirable job in DM. Probably in a similar way as Brahim Hemdani, whom few fans would have picked in any of their Rangers sides. I doubt that either of these three will start these games, but maybe Mackay goes the same route as Northern Ireland and Wales, picking solid pros alongside people with a bit of flair.

BTW, given his recent games, I would expect Jason Holt in there in the not too distant future.

Brown is much much better than shinnie. The other 2 are about as good as it gets defence wise.

I repeat boyd is right.