Big Day On Saturday

45 years ago today we played hibs and won 2_1 and I got married still married .

it was against Celtic at Parkhead when I got married. Morning at Martha street, afternoon all the guys went to the game and the burds got the place ready for the party that night can't remember the score but I think we got beat

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Despite everything it was a good day. My Dad and I were annoyed by the score but to be honest the kids weren't really, they just enjoyed the whole experience and want to go again! Mission accomplished.

It was funny to see the stadium through their eyes. The big banners at the megastore and opposite the ground really caught their attention and they wouldn't go past them until I'd named all of them and explained who they were. The Greig statue and the gates were big highlights too again lots of questions. We were in the Club Deck so they couldn't actually see all the other stands, but they were really taken with the Union Bears (?) the guy with the megaphone and the drummers were a big attraction, I expect them to ask if we can sit near them next time...

And Gaffer, I laughed when I read your post. I try not to swear in front on my children for obvious reasons, but they heard some fairly industrial language yesterday (not from me although I felt like it on several occasions!). I noticed them sniggering when someone near us let rip with a stream of some fairly justified obscenities at Windass. It reminded me that going to the football as a kid is also about mixing with grown ups, doing what grown ups do, that's also part of the attraction of the match. As long as they don't repeat them in front of their mother or Granny it should be okay...