Dearer booze

1. Just listening to the experts on various programmes on TV.

2. Seeing youngsters starting to drink cheap cider at 14 and being hooked by the end of their teens. We have all seen youngsters like that either at school or at work.

I think that a moderate attitude to drink at an early age will prevent them developing a binge attitude later. But there will always be exceptions and always alcoholics.

When I read this I tend to think the answer to make it harder to obtain the offending brands (just ban them altogether) rather than the 'sledgehammer to crack a nut' approach which we've now got from the SNP

I would like to put forward what I said in a post previously on this subject in the past:-

1) There are too many outlets allowed to sell alcohol,supermarkets and corner shops.

2) The Canadian system of having central stores selling alcohol,one for spirits etc and one for beers etc should be looked at.

With regard to the minimum price proposal it should be noted that the biggest problem of "Buckfast" price will not be affected which makes a mockery of the legislation.

I'm on number 2 as well.

Drink is definitely something that's better in moderation.

I know that from personal experience... good AND bad, mostly bad. I will finish up, go home, make supper and maybe do a little more work. Will feel all the better for it tomorrow !

I’m no expert either but I don’t see how you can make that claim. Unless your saying that you knew them since they were kids and all suffer some physiological problem that made them drink. Surely if we stop youngsters from drinking to excess it will lead to less of them not having a problem later on in life, there will always be alcoholics though.

There are people with an addictive personality. Alcoholism is often not caused by binge drinking as kids. Many just can't help it.

I'm sure there are some who do go down the binge route. They're not the ones I know though.

I do agree with your later post about having a moderate attitude to alcohol at a younger age. It's what I've tried to do and it's worked so far.

Likewise. Some of us take longer to grow up than others.

I’m still trying :D. And still suffering setbacks along the way :D

You are in Edinburgh, right ? I’m home in December... let’s discuss over a beer or ten :ninja: