Honest mistakes or something more sinister?

Don't see how that has ANYTHING to do with it....we're dealing with Football here, not national politics.

Overall, the standard of refereeing seems to be appalling....Other teams are regularly talking about dodgy decision (except one). I have seen Ceptic on the end of a few bad decision, but they are few & far between. I don't disagree that on the face of it, we tend to get more blatant decisions against us, but at the same time we are not closely following what is happening to the likes if ICT, Hearts, M/Well etc. I'm pretty sure they will be able to pull out some shocking examples as well.

I think one thing that REALLY goes against the Refs is the fact that they are not publicly held accountable for their actions. Managers & players are required to hold press conferences (media deals..), and are given the opportunity to discuss different aspects of game & explain why they did things in a certain way. Ref's are not....they remain silent. Maybe if they held a press conference afterwards, it would give them the opportunity to explain how they saw certain incidents etc.

I agree with Bill. Whether you like it or not, football and politics mix in Scotland. Politics affects the governing body and the governing body affects the teams and referees. Would a government hell bent on destruction of the Union be happy that a team with strong Unionist support is performing well? There is no doubt that the political influence of the club goes both ways. A child might grow up with tenuous Unionist feelings but feel more part of it when they go to Ibrox. Now a weaker Rangers is going to attract less kids, hence they are removing the influence. And vice-Versa, a strong Celtic will undoubtedly influence kids to have a more Republican viewpoint.

Edited by StuGers

I agree with Bill. Whether you like it or not, football and politics mix in Scotland. Politics affects the governing body and the governing body affects the teams and referees. Would a government hell bent on destruction of the Union be happy that a team with strong Unionist support is performing well? There is no doubt that the political influence of the club goes both ways. A child might grow up with tenuous Unionist feelings but feel more part of it when they go to Ibrox. Now a weaker Rangers is going to attract less kids, hence they are removing the influence. And vice-Versa, a strong Celtic will undoubtedly influence kids to have a more Republican viewpoint.

Total mince!!!!

I've been a life long Gers fan.....I'm also an avid supporter of an Independent Scotland.

The Team/Club, do not promote any Unionist or Independent views to the public/support....they are a football club, not a political vehicle. The Club supports the Monarch, who has to remain politically independent, and would most likely remain the Head of State in an Independent Scotland.

I do NOT support Rangers because of any Unionist support. I follow a Scottish club, playing in Scotland, under the Scottish football association in the Scottish league.

If supporters want to bring politics & national identity into the mix, that's up to them. In or out of the Union I & many, many others will still follow Rangers.

I believe the Unionist links/connections stem from the association with the Orange order, who firstly have no formal link to the club, and I (personally) believe is a grossly outdated organisation whose beliefs have no place in modern society.

How many MSPs will admit to supporting Rangers?

What support did the MSP that covered Ibrox give when the club ran into problems due to Whyte?

Why was the MSP that covered Ibrox tweeting praise of the Hibs fans as they were assaulting Rangers players?

Look at the handouts Celtic received under the cover of the Commonwealth games. Why was there no support when Rangers had plans to develop the Hinshelwood Estate?

Of course politics can't be ignored.

I've been a life long Gers fan.....I'm also an avid supporter of an Independent Scotland.

The Team/Club, do not promote any Unionist or Independent views to the public/support

You'll remember when the Chairman and Manager of Rangers put their names to the "Save the Union" campaign?

Your attempts at trying to link unionism/anti-independence with the OO doesn't deserve a response.

Total mince!!!!

The Team/Club, do not promote any Unionist or Independent views to the public/support....they are a football club, not a political vehicle. The Club supports the Monarch, who has to remain politically independent, and would most likely remain the Head of State in an Independent Scotland.

I do NOT support Rangers because of any Unionist support. I follow a Scottish club, playing in Scotland, under the Scottish football association in the Scottish league.

If supporters want to bring politics & national identity into the mix, that's up to them. In or out of the Union I & many, many others will still follow Rangers.

I believe the Unionist links/connections stem from the association with the Orange order, who firstly have no formal link to the club, and I (personally) believe is a grossly outdated organisation whose beliefs have no place in modern society.

And yet you said StuGers post was mince ?

That is just nonsense

And yet you said StuGers post was mince ?

That is just nonsense

Maybe you can enlighten as to the exact historic links that the Club specifically has to the Union??? As far as I'm aware, the Club itself was not founded on ANY political, racial or national principals (unlike other clubs in Glasgow).....those are connections that have developed externally and then been associated with the club.

Being loyal to the Monarch is a separate issue from Unionism, and one that I have no issue with at all.

Rangers Football Club is a focal point for Unionists throughout Scotland and I am more than happy with that.

This thread is about something sinister being afoot and those in power don't like us because we are a Unionist and predominantly Protestant club. You can dismiss that if you want but they don't hate us beacause we're just another football club - we are far more than that.