Important: New forum software discussion

Good stuff on the site change guys, a lot of work and co-ordination went into it, well done. One question, there's a yellow rectangle with a message in it from Frankie on my screen and I can't get rid of it.

I understand Frankie really wants people to submit content but I probably don't need the constant reminder!! 

I'm guessing this is one of the 'stickies' I've seen mentioned. How do I minimise it? I can't see any way of making it disappear. 

I'm on Chrome on a MacBook. 

The problem I have is how to cancel a post once you have decided not to post it. That was the reason I (unwillingly) deleted the Florida thread yesterday. In the old site there were 3 options before posting.

Post quick reply, Go advanced or cancel. I see how to go advanced but I can't see a way to just cancel the post.

6 minutes ago, pete said:

The problem I have is how to cancel a post once you have decided not to post it. That was the reason I (unwillingly) deleted the Florida thread yesterday. In the old site there were 3 options before posting.

Post quick reply, Go advanced or cancel. I see how to go advanced but I can't see a way to just cancel the post.

Click "Cancel"...?

Oh, I see: I just delete what I've written, then leave it. There's only a cancel button when you want to edit.

2 hours ago, JohnMc said:

Good stuff on the site change guys, a lot of work and co-ordination went into it, well done. One question, there's a yellow rectangle with a message in it from Frankie on my screen and I can't get rid of it.

I understand Frankie really wants people to submit content but I probably don't need the constant reminder!! 

I'm guessing this is one of the 'stickies' I've seen mentioned. How do I minimise it? I can't see any way of making it disappear. 

I'm on Chrome on a MacBook. 

Having the same problem.

Also using Chrome.

Same issue on IE.

Seems to be the size of the sticky note - you can't scroll up to the top of it to click on the X to close, which  I was able to do to the sticky note that showed up when I initially landed on the new forum page, pre-login.