The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

Snatched from FF

Gary Ralston of the Record

Rangers are eyeing up a January swoop for Scotland defender Russell Martin.

The Norwich skipper has been told he can leave Carrow Road on loan after barely featuring in the first half of the season.

The 31-year-old has lost his place and Gers boss Graeme Murty , a former youth coach with the Canaries, has been alerted to his availability.

It’s understood Martin has made it to a list of targets drawn up by Murty and director of football Mark Allen and the player would jump at a switch to Ibrox.

He hasn’t played in the Norwich top team since a 4-0 defeat against Millwall at the end of August but has amassed experience in almost a decade with the club Murty believes could be crucial in bolstering his defence for the second half of the season.

The arrival of Martin would throw the future of Bruno Alves into doubt as he is anxious for regular first team football as he eyes an international swansong with Portugal at the World Cup this summer.

Is contracted there till summer 2019 (with an option for another), is a CH but can play right-back.

Snatched from FF

Is contracted there till summer 2019 (with an option for another), is a CH but can play right-back.

Personally, I think Alves will be off in January, so this is potentially his replacement I think.....

From what I heard at the game last night in my mates box is that McLean and Walker have been tentatively agreed but we also had an agreement with Moult who moved the goalposts at the last minute so who knows. Extra bodies will be handy but neither having a great season so won't be massively upset if they don't happen. I'd like to see us take a punt on that left winger at Killie, having a good season and Killie are always looking to sell. Too often we wait til the Championship clubs are sniffing around so we need to act a bit quicker and smarter

McLean and Walker tentatively agreed for January or summer 2018?

Edited by Stefanovitch

I'd take £1m for him, so £3.5 would be a real bonus.

This is exactly what is wrong with our support. Waghorn went for pennies and is now one of the top scorers in the championship (probably worth around £5m) - McKay also went for pennies and has been a standout for Nottingham Forest.

When will we learn?