The January Transfer Window Rumours and Deals Thread

I think it was revealed on Twitter that the translation was a No.10 ("Enganche"), not a holding midfielder.

Typical Sun.

I was wondering.

He'd be like the Mexican Neil Lennon. Fat, slow and shit.

Edited by Gazza_8

Jamie Murphy has said that he would be fulfilling a boyhood dream in signing for Rangers and playing for the team he has always supported.

The Brighton forward arrived in Glasgow on Thursday afternoon to complete a medical ahead of becoming Rangers' second signing of the January transfer window.

Murphy said that he had been aware of the proposed move for "a while" and that there was still some work to be done to finalise the transfer. However, when asked by STV what the main draw for him was in making the switch, he said it was his personal connection to the club that attracted him.

"Obviously it's Rangers," he said. "It's the club I supported as a boy and still support now."

The 28-year-old said that he was impressed with how the team had performed in the first half of the season and was keen to contribute to Graeme Murty in 2018.

"It's been a good season so far," he said. "They're always looking to improve so hopefully I can be a part of that.

"Hopefully we'll get the medical through and then we'll see what happens."

Edited by BEARGER

Or he could end up like Armstrong
Armstrong was already performing at a higher level than Morgan and it still took him 3 years to establish himself , i dont see anything in Morgan to say he can step up

Murphy is potentially a very good signing and exactly what we needed for the left side of our attack.

Ok, some fans may have preferred Morgan from St Mirren but Murphy is more proven and at a supposed £800K represents good value as he reaches the peak of his career.

Jones of Kilmarnock would have excited me more even than Morgan but I will admit to never having seen Murphy. That post on here wasn't very complimentary of him. It will allow Windass to move inside though.

Always good to see the youngsters going out on loan rather than staying in their comfort zones playing pointless youth games.

Welcome WorthingBear91 It is indeed better for the older youth to play amongst journeymen instead of youth football.

Just to let you know (in case you don't) we are going offline tonight for 72 hours for a planned update to the site. I hope you come back on after that. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Goss was born in Germany but I don't know what his parents nationalities are - I'm presuming one or maybe both are English.

I would say Goss is a German name.